KastKing Sharky III reels

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
Thanks guys.. I have ordered a baitrunner sharky 3 from ebay in 4000 size based on your comments.

The baitrunner is untested by us lot, we all have the regular sharky iii spinning reels which are a different construction. But there are favourable reports on YouTube for the baitrunner.

Sad Teacher

Perhaps it's me i either have too big an expectation of what a reel should do but winding a 20gm feeder feels like hard work and a bit grindy OR it is a dodgy one. Korum said send it back to where I got it ,sounded like a lot of hassle and chat in middle of lock down so I have consigned it to my cupboard.... Cast king looks good on YouTube so we shall see.. Cast King make good telescopic rods according to my friend. First time I have bought from Far East direct but yesterday email came saying been dispatched.

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
The baitfeeder turned up today.

20210415_113015.jpg

The 6000 is a good size for rivers I think, 62mm spool diameter and 23mm height means plenty of line capacity.

Reel body is made of either graphite or a really tough plastic, the stem doesn't really want to flex at all when on a rod.

Reel is light too, around 450g which is on the lower end for this size of baitrunner.

Nice chunky T shape rubberised handle, not too big for my massive hands, feels just right 😁
20210415_114717.jpg

Reel feels super smooth as per the Sharky III regular, and even less play in this reel, everything feels taught and fitted together well, drag is super smooth as you would expect from the carbon washers. Baitrunner function is nice and loud (the clicking) some may not like how loud, but I do 😀 and surprisingly fine adjustment steps to the baitrunner especially for this price range.

Line roller is a proper contoured anti twist jobby and not some cheap flat afterthought.

I've found one negative with the reel and that is the spare spool... its plastic 😬 and it has marks all around the edges where I can only guess is from being released from some mould 😔 can sort it easily enough by fitting it to a drill and buffing the edges but some people won't want the hassle. The proper alu spool is immaculate though.

If I chuck the spare spool in the bin and only have the reel and the one proper alu spool... is it a good buy? I think so at this price.

I'll get some line on it later.

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
Line lay out of the box is a little front heavy on the baitfeeder.
20210415_215017.jpg

Sorted with one of the included washers.
20210415_221446.jpg

Adding a washer is a little fiddly, there's an eclip on the main shaft to remove and it's tiny.

adam11

Am I right in thinking that's a folding handle on this version sooner than the on or off type handle on the none bait runner type?