Kamasan B911 Hooks

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
The B911 are 12 inch, I cut them down, hence another reason to tie my own
Can you get 4” hook lengths for method / hybrid feeders or do you have to cut those down as well ? I can see why you want to tie your own though. A lot of faffing about with pre - tied hook lengths isn’t there ?

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter
Can you get 4” hook lengths for method / hybrid feeders or do you have to cut those down as well ? I can see why you want to tie your own though. A lot of faffing about with pre - tied hook lengths isn’t there ?
Lots of manufacturers now doing the shorter lengths . Do you do your own hair rig and banded hooks too?

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Before people start asking a snelled hook was originally a marked plain shank no eye no spade like the ryder treble in the picture, the pennel rig with the three hooks shows how the hook was whipped to the line with silk.
The other packet is the original founder of my shop from the 1950s Wallis who was also a breadcrumb groundbait supplier who supplied shops all over the North West. 2021-01-03 21.00.56.jpg

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
We bought better stuff from a stand at the World Champs on the Avon but the really light gear definitely needed elastic to stand any chance.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Before people start asking a snelled hook was originally a marked plain shank no eye no spade like the ryder treble in the picture, the pennel rig with the three hooks shows how the hook was whipped to the line with silk.
The other packet is the original founder of my shop from the 1950s Wallis who was also a breadcrumb groundbait supplier who supplied shops all over the North West. 2021-01-03 21.00.56.jpg
I hope Capt can now work out why we used to use said doped hooks for caster fishing now. Gosh I feel old today. 🤣🤣

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
We bought better stuff from a stand at the World Champs on the Avon but the really light gear definitely needed elastic to stand any chance.
We used to use 8oz Bayer and 6oz water queen on the Leeds / Liverpool canal for our gudgeon bashing. That’s all Cleggy seemed to get in. When Au Lion D’or hooks came into the shop we thought we’d made it big. I’m only a poor Barnsley lad Ken. 🤣🤣👍

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Out of interest Capt and because I have never bought one .... how much line do you get on a pre - tied hook ? Expensive pre - tied aren’t they 😳
I've got ones that range from 6 inch to 18 inch but most are 10 or 12 inch. I use them almost exclusively now (mostly drennan and kamasan) as I like the uninformity of them and they are much more consistently well tied than I can do myself. Worth every penny for me when you get 10 for less than a pint of maggots.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I've got ones that range from 6 inch to 18 inch but most are 10 or 12 inch. I use them almost exclusively now (mostly drennan and kamasan) as I like the uninformity of them and they are much more consistently well tied than I can do myself. Worth every penny for me when you get 10 for less than a pint of maggots.
I think hooks to nylon have come a long long way over the years Silverfisher mate. A lot of us older members will remember that a lot of pre - tied hooks were a pile of #### back in the day. Nothing like what you are using now my mate.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I think hooks to nylon have come a long long way over the years Silverfisher mate. A lot of us older members will remember that a lot of pre - tied hooks were a pile of #### back in the day. Nothing like what you are using now my mate.
Quite possibly, they'll still snap if you over work them of course but they never pigtail in my experience 👍🏻

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
A lot of the Italian brands like Tubertini Colmic etc. sell hook to nylon but normally tied to 1 metre of line in various diameters with no loop on the end just plain.
I can remember looking at the hook knots with a very strong magnifying glass once and every one we looked at was as close to perfect as made no difference with exactly the same number of turns, some precision for something costing a couple of quid for 8 or 10.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Lots of manufacturers now doing the shorter lengths . Do you do your own hair rig and banded hooks too?
Just a pointer Capt but, when you get proficient in tying hooks tie your bands or quick stops in a loop before you tie your eyed hook. Don’t tie bands directly on to the hair. By placing your band in a loop will allow the band to expand with the pellets you have chosen. Tying directly will cause the line to break on the hair. Just a suggestion I’m not telling you how to suck eggs pal. 👍

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter

Totally agree with the quality and cost comments, 2 reasons I’m having a go at tying my own, firstly it allows me more choice in line type and strength and secondly availability