Justice or not

brian carragher

Site Supporter
I take it you didnt see the video of him in the station talking to the custody staff , didnt appear to be at all drunk so there's two sides to this story, however he was a bit of a pratt for refusing , I cant see how he could argue against cooperation as I thought everyone knew refusal to give a sample is treated as though a positive sample had been produced

62tucker

Site Supporter
I take it you didnt see the video of him in the station talking to the custody staff , didnt appear to be at all drunk so there's two sides to this story, however he was a bit of a pratt for refusing , I cant see how he could argue against cooperation as I thought everyone knew refusal to give a sample is treated as though a positive sample had been produced
I did watch the video. It’s in the link. Why refuse a test. I want to wait till my solicitor arrives.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
He is a tit, if you only had one pint would you refuse a breath test knowing that a refusal would result in a minimum of a 12 month ban?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
That copper seems a bit full of himself doesn't he ? I thought he could have been a bit more polite and respectful. Especially at first grabbing the guys door handle and telling him to .... Get out the car. I maybe wrong but, my guess is the guy was a bit tiddly. But, he maybe like that normally I don't know.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
I was breath tested and when told to take the tube l politely refused saying that it was not my waste but theirs. Was told l had tested negative so l walked back to my car and drove away, wish I taken the bloody tube because they stopped me every night for a week. I was doing 3pm to 11pm shift for 7 days.

emmaemma

Site Supporter
if it was me, i would still be inside as im just a pleb.......
If you have nothing to hide, you take the test. simple....

Blanks

Site Supporter
Drinking and driving has killed too many and ruined too many lives, there is no excuse. You messed up of your own free will Mr Saunders take your punishment and learn from it.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I was once stopped by a very smart arsed policeman as I was leaving a pub car park, I had literally driven 20 yards when he stopped me so done nothing to arose suspicion of drink driving, he almost dragged me out of the car and accused me of drink driving, pushed me in the back of his police car and thrust a bag towards me insisting I blow into it, I refused and stated that I had the right to wait 20 minutes before taking the test so we sat around for 20 minutes, I then blew into said bag.......negative, he then gave me another one and told me to blow into that one again negative but I really didn't expect anything else after drinking 2 diet cokes and a J2O, policeman then decided to ask me if I had been drinking when I told him what I had drunk he got extremly annoyed saying I had wasted 20 minutes of his time....If he hadn't acted like a knob when he stopped me maybe I wouldn't have done the same

Wise Owl

Account Locked
John I got the same with the when ya done the breathalyser and the light goes red I’m gonna arrest ya ☹️Shame really as he weren’t so cocky when I asked anything else officer ? ???

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Some years ago five of us used to go out to Hastings every Saturday night and one person would be the designated driver and not drink. This was my job one night and on the way back to our village we were passing through the town of Battle. One of the coppers had a very high opinion of himself, he had been promoted sergeant and stayed in the town, he was not well liked at all.

As we were passing the Abbey Green in the middle of Battle I was pulled in by this Sergeant, name of Harris (it is thought he even had stripes on his pyjamas). He would have smelled alcohol through the car window because the other occupants were plastered so he asked me if I had been drinking. I answered honestly, Yes. "Would you take a breath test" "Yes" I said. When it was negative he was not happy and had a go at me because I told him I had been drinking. I said I had, lime and soda all night.

Not a happy sergeant that night and was always on the look out for me until he retired.