Just wondering

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
What if this Corona virus had hit in the time before we had the internet ! What would those who get their daily news from Facebook done ? If we had no maggotdrowners to rant on, would there have been a lot more rows in households ? If we had no Skype to contact family members on, If there was no google for "experts" to get facts on. If organisations like the AT had nowhere to put their message to reach as many anglers as possible !

Wise Owl

Account Locked
More respect in them times, if you were in the wrong ya got punished and if ya got told what to do most did it.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
There are still some households that are in that exact position. No internet or don't know how to use it, it makes me wonder just how isolated some people are regarding news casts, chatting to family who live too far away to visit. etc.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I mentioned on here a Cottage i did out in Middleton on the Wolds a few year back had no Leccy gas or running water, the water came from a well in the garden and the old lass who owned it grew up and lived in it all her life. Ya dont miss what ya never had (y)