Just saw this on FB

commieboy257

Account Locked
Just saw this, thought it was real for a moment, just insert the town/city of your own choosing:

*** BREAKING NEWS ***

EARTHQUAKE IN SHEFFIELD, SOUTH YORKSHIRE AREA.

An earthquake measuring 4.3 on the Richter scale hit Sheffield
in the early hours, with the epicentre in the Darnall area. Victims were seen wandering around aimlessly, muttering "Fuuuckinell".

The tremor decimated the area causing approximately £30 worth of damage. Several priceless collections of mementos from Majorca and the Costa del Sol were damaged beyond repair.
Many locals were woken well before their giros arrived. The Sheffield Star reported that hundreds of residents were confused and bewildered and were still coming to terms with the fact that something interesting had happened in Darnall . One resident - Tracy Sharon Smith, a 15-year-old mother of 5 said, "it was such a shock, my little Chardonnay-Mercedes come running into my bedroom crying. My youngest two, Tyler-Morgan and Victoria-Storm slept through it all. I was still shaking when I was skinning up and watching Jeremy Kyle the next morning".
The British Red Cross has so far managed to ship crates of White Lightning to some of the stricken locals.
Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings, including benefit books, jewellery from Elizabeth Duke at Argos and Bone China from Poundland.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
There is an appeal to raise money for food and clothing parcels for those unfortunate enough to be caught up in this disaster.
Clothing is most sought after - items most needed include:
Baseball caps
Full matching tracksuits
Nike Huarachi trainers
Tartan pyjamas
UGG Boots and any other items usually sold in Primark.
Food parcels may be harder to come by, but are needed all the same.
Microwave meals, Pot Noodles, Tins of baked beans, ice cream, Cans of Strong Bow or Special Brew and of course pies.
22p buys a biro for filling in compensation forms.
£10 buys B&H and a lighter to calm the nerves of those affected.
£15 buys chips, crisps and blue fizzy drinks for a family of 9.

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
Same type of thing ! Except the epi center of the Quake hit a Travellers campsite in Wexford ! It is believed 10 travellers lost their lives in the Quake. Local county councils have sent aid . Dublin sent replacement caravans, Cork sent extra blankets, Galway sent food parcels, Limerick sent 10 replacement travellers !

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just saw this, thought it was real for a moment, just insert the town/city of your own choosing:

*** BREAKING NEWS ***

EARTHQUAKE IN SHEFFIELD, SOUTH YORKSHIRE AREA.

An earthquake measuring 4.3 on the Richter scale hit Sheffield
in the early hours, with the epicentre in the Darnall area. Victims were seen wandering around aimlessly, muttering "Fuuuckinell".

The tremor decimated the area causing approximately £30 worth of damage. Several priceless collections of mementos from Majorca and the Costa del Sol were damaged beyond repair.
Many locals were woken well before their giros arrived. The Sheffield Star reported that hundreds of residents were confused and bewildered and were still coming to terms with the fact that something interesting had happened in Darnall . One resident - Tracy Sharon Smith, a 15-year-old mother of 5 said, "it was such a shock, my little Chardonnay-Mercedes come running into my bedroom crying. My youngest two, Tyler-Morgan and Victoria-Storm slept through it all. I was still shaking when I was skinning up and watching Jeremy Kyle the next morning".
The British Red Cross has so far managed to ship crates of White Lightning to some of the stricken locals.
Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings, including benefit books, jewellery from Elizabeth Duke at Argos and Bone China from Poundland.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
There is an appeal to raise money for food and clothing parcels for those unfortunate enough to be caught up in this disaster.
Clothing is most sought after - items most needed include:
Baseball caps
Full matching tracksuits
Nike Huarachi trainers
Tartan pyjamas
UGG Boots and any other items usually sold in Primark.
Food parcels may be harder to come by, but are needed all the same.
Microwave meals, Pot Noodles, Tins of baked beans, ice cream, Cans of Strong Bow or Special Brew and of course pies.
22p buys a biro for filling in compensation forms.
£10 buys B&H and a lighter to calm the nerves of those affected.
£15 buys chips, crisps and blue fizzy drinks for a family of 9.
And Karen from Chapeltown rang her friend Karen in Dronfield to arrange an "Anti Earthquake March" on Sunday

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
My late grandmother used to live in Dronfield - I wasn't aware they'd now got phones there, moving up with the times :)

commieboy257

Account Locked
My late grandmother used to live in Dronfield - I wasn't aware they'd now got phones there, moving up with the times :)
I've been renovating a property at Dronfield WOODHOUSE, a lot posher don't you know! Talk about entitled f***wits I can't stand the place or the people.

AnthonyJ

Account Locked
I've been renovating a property at Dronfield WOODHOUSE, a lot posher don't you know! Talk about entitled f***wits I can't stand the place or the people.

On the plus side you’ll no doubt be getting paid handsomely though?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
She lived in Coal Aston, Dronfield - it must have been the poorer end as she left me nowt :)

commieboy257

Account Locked
She lived in Coal Aston, Dronfield - it must have been the poorer end as she left me nowt :)
Coal Aston? They send out the local militia when scum like me enters the boundaries! Poor? No, there's no poor folks in Coal Aston :)