Just had a look at my pond and.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Crickey![:0]

Went out and got some stuff to clear the water in my pond this morning as it was getting a bit green (happens every year, but soon sorted with some magic "stuff"[:p]).
Anyhow, just went out to have a check to see if its started to clear, and had a shock!

3 years ago, we bought 2 golden yellow Koi Carp at 5" long, and last year they had grown pretty sharpish and were touching 8" and getting a bit fat[:D]

Just put some food in for them, and they came straight up for it and sat there on the top.........

They must be nudging 2lb a piece now[:0][:0][:0]

Im well chuffed[:T]

I was starting to worry that the pond wasnt going to be much of a success, as Ive neglected it a bit over the last year or so, but its obviously doing well[^][^]

Must be all that bloodworm I keep seeing when I clean the filter sponge out[:D][:D]

cyril

El blanko
same happened here just went pea green, cleaned the old filters out and now its starting to clear up[:D]

nomorelongwalks

Mark Spitz
Site Supporter
Get your pole out and fish for them....................must be years since you caught anything nudging 2lb [:p][:D]

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Originally posted by nomorelongwalks

Get your pole out and fish for them....................must be years since you caught anything nudging 2lb [:p][:D]

Cheeky basket[:0]

BAG UP

SINGLE RED

If he ever weighs in 2 yellow koi your know where he got them from [:D][:D]

getfishing

Pete
Originally posted by BAG UP

If he ever weighs in 2 yellow koi your know where he got them from [:D][:D]
lol[:D]

Simon R

Site Supporter
I've got the old green-water syndrome this year too[:(]

First time I've had the problem for about three years - I know why it's happened though - I normally have a big bed of water-cress at one end of the pond but the cold winter, snow and ice has killed it all off.

Water cress uses the same nutrients that algae and blanketweed uses but outcompetes them and hence I don't (usually) suffer from either to any great extent.

I doubt the water cress will work this year so I'll be relying on frequent filter sponge changes to prevent it happening.

Simon

groundhog

Life Survivor
[:)] Simon R mate, get some Blanket Answer,manufactured by cloverleaf, it is absolutley brilliant stuff, about 16 for 800grm enough to treat up to 10,000 litres, 40ml will treat 500 litres web address below for your perusal/ conveiniance.[:T]
www.cloverleaf.uk.net
Regards G.H.

Last edited:

sbw

Welsh
We have just had to give our two ghost koi away as they were too big for our small pond. One weighed in at just over 3lb the other was 4 1/2 !

Status
Not open for further replies.