just gutted

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty198111

well today i went fishing own a local pond

was there 6 hrs and not even a buzz from me bite alarms

so i slightly changed the bait i was using tutti frutti boillies, so i dercided to carry on using them but i stuck 2 tutti frutti pellets on the hook aswell

low and behold 10 mins later one of my alarms was screaming.

i struck and could feel a monster of a fish, my heart was pounding.

he then went into the pads so we had a bit of a battle and i managed to get him out

he started to swim towards me so i kept reeling and then suddenly without warning he turned.

for a minute i thought the rod was gonna break as he nearly pulled it outta my hands,

anyway i was playing him ( well i think he was playing me tbf )for atleast 10 mins, my arms were aching my chest was beating and i was shaking with excitement and then

he shook his head and the hook came out

totally gutted
but now i know what bait he likes im gonna get him next weeek

mat

HarryOatcake

02/02/04 -24/12/17
Site Supporter
In Memoriam
Cheer up Matty,
remember success can be the result of many failures [;)]
you know its there so better luck next time. [:T]

Harry.

matty198111

Originally posted by HarryOatcake

Cheer up Matty,
remember success can be the result of many failures [;)]
you know its there so better luck next time. [:T]

Harry.

ive already planned next week end

home from work friday night and im gonna camp up till sunday

he aint gettin away this time lol

mat

matty198111

yeah i know guys

just feel i should have done better to land it but never mind

always next week

nobby478

miserable old ....
Some people would suggest that a barbed hook might not have been so easy to shake free.

I'd rather lose a fish than use a barbed hook personally, but others will disagree.

If it's a canny fish it might not be it's favourite bait anymore[;)] I'd get some in as freebies mid-week to re-establish confidence.

You've got to lose a few fish just to help you appreciate the ones you do land. If they all came in easy it wouldn't be such a buzz.

matty198111

Originally posted by nobby478

Some people would suggest that a barbed hook might not have been so easy to shake free.

I'd rather lose a fish than use a barbed hook personally, but others will disagree.

If it's a canny fish it might not be it's favourite bait anymore[;)] I'd get some in as freebies mid-week to re-establish confidence.

You've got to lose a few fish just to help you appreciate the ones you do land. If they all came in easy it wouldn't be such a buzz.

agree with that mate, i never use barbed hooks,
well i did when i started but i had trouble getting one out so i binned em and got a load of barbless.
i also prefer them as if one gets dropped and a dog or something was to walk on it, it would be easier to get out, although i do carry a very strong magnet incase i drop one.

im also gonna go down a few nights this week and give them some freebies
and i also made some ground bait using the tutti flavour so hopefully all goes well.

mat

Donfish

'Wot's geet Wilf?
It's not 'The Beast' is it that's migrated from that ruddy Canal?[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.