Just Back From Burley Lakes/Cheltenham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Lazarus
Well ,not a good start chucking it down with rain when i started out to meet Craig at 6-30AM .AT THE THISTLE HOTEL CARPARK Cheltenham AT 7-30AM Craig turns up we say hello he said he'd got his mom to drive him he'd supped to much the night before,still raining followed craig to fishery, we chose 2 peg's the other side from the car park .

So i set 2 rod's up Waggler &Ledger . SO began fishing on waggler with a 4lb to 1.7 lb hooklength 18 hook single red maggot soon had 1st fish in hand a roach about 4to6 oz Craig was also catching same size of fish. Putledger out with 10lb to 9.5 lb flourocarbon hooklink to a size 10 drennen barbless starpoint with a large single piece of sweet corn. we continued to catch roach from 1oz to 8oz about every 5mins

Still pouring down with rain tried to put up brolly no where to knock bank stick in path round pool tarmacked. S o had to sit in rain god job i;d got some good waterproofs.Had a good fish on about 10 am but couldn't hold it broke 1.7 lb bottom so changed to a 3.2lb bottom.Also puuled out of a lot of larger fish. About 10.30 Craig he was sorry but was going home he still felt bad from new years eve. At that the baitrunner on ledger rod starting running so i struck &found myself into a decent fish went through a couple of snags it was soon in the net. Craig duly , netted,weighed &photograhed it. it was a small common Carp of 4.5 lbs. Craig went &i continued to small roach ,also had a couple of perch 1 tench.1 small barbel 10 or so very small dace at about the same rate 1 every 5 mins or so Keepnet's not allowed so i reckon i must have had about 60 small fish .

By the time i finished at 2-30 pm Started at 830am to 2.30pm 5hrs Craig said he;d meet me at car park at 3-00 pm to show the way back to M5.so as i got carpark there to greet me was Craig;s mum&dad Craig still worse foR weather so after a few words , Put very muddy tackle in car &proceeded home waved goodbye to Craigs parent's. &came home.Another very enjoyable m/d day out met another m/d'er fished another new venue caught loads of fish,Ill try &upload photos later on still on disc in camera in the garage. hope your not fed up by now reading all this.

Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

Last edited by a moderator:

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Larry, could you please use some paragraph spacing, it is hard to read without it.

Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Well done for sticking it out in all that rain Larry and a bucket full of points if your in the fishing race

Dai Fish

Larry

Lazarus
Ok Geoff,
I will put some paragrapgh spacing's, in future.
Y ou'll have to bear with me it's' the 1st time iv'e had anything to write about.
I'll get better with time .
Dai i haven't entered the race, Didn't think iwas up to par to be able to compete.

ray

quote:i haven't entered the race, Didn't think iwas up to par to be able to compete.
larry, the idea is to have some fun and maybe catch something that you havent caught before and learn a bit, if you dont think that you are "up to par" then this will give ya the chance to get there [;)]

as ya know maggotdrowners are allways ready to help ya only gotta ask (i'll be needing it this year for some of those fishys on the list [;)])

well in on todays session, my last 4 trips to the ribble have all been blanks/troggs [:(]

prepare your meat at home and bin the tin.
"clean banks campaign"

CourseCraig

Evenin' all

Poor show I my behalf [apologies Larry] - but am very pleased Larry got a good bag - esp with the Perch and Barbel...impressed with that.

I'll be paying a visit to the lake Saturday or Sunday before I have to go back to work on Monday - after that it'll be a weekly thing I could imagine - next place i'll be visiting will be Staunton Court which is just in Ledbury, Glouestershire.

Tight Lines all - i'm off to bed to do a lil more RnR

Larry

Lazarus
OK Ray you've convinced me i'll enter then.I'M ALL FOR A BIT OF FUN

Larry

Lazarus
Well here are the 3 photo's i got at Burley.
1) ME WITH IST FISH OF THE DAY
2) Craig getting wet
3)Me holding 4.5 lb Common Carp

Larry

Lazarus
Craig getting wet

Larry

Lazarus
Me with 4.5lb Common Carp