Just a thought

Wise Owl

Account Locked
1599755196203.png

On this day... 19years ago 246 people went to sleep in preparation for their morning flights. 2,606 people went to sleep in preparation for work in the morning. 343 firefighters went to sleep in preparation for their morning shift. 60 police officers went to sleep in preparation for morning patrol. 8 paramedics went to sleep in preparation for the morning shift. None of them saw past 10:00am Sept 11, 2001. In one single moment life may never be the same. As you live and enjoy the breaths you take today and tonight before you go to sleep in preparation for your life tomorrow, kiss the ones you love, snuggle a little tighter, and never take one second of your life for granted.

SeanB

Site Supporter
Can't believe it's been 19 years, I can remember it like it was last week. A friend of ours was in New York and was supposed to be meeting his daughter in the restaurant at the top of the world at the top of one of the towers but because it was a nice day they had gone to the beach instead. As most of the phone networks were down no one could get in touch to make sure he was OK.
He was lucky that day.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
A good friend of mine was working for Credit Suisse at the time and had a breakfast meeting at Windows on the World on the top floor of the North Tower booked for that day, however it was rescheduled for the 10th a move that definitely saved his life.

baboboy

Site Supporter
having been to the memorial when we went to New York it was hard to imagine the scene on that. Some of the things I read and saw at the memorial will live with me forever.

SeanB

Site Supporter
It was hard to actually take in the real magnitude of what was happening at the time, even when seeing it on TV.

bezzer

having been to the memorial when we went to New York it was hard to imagine the scene on that. Some of the things I read and saw at the memorial will live with me forever.

It's a wonderful Memorial, very moving.

RIP to all of those who lost their lives that terrible day.