Just a dumb animal

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
yeah me tooo..been looking for a nice pup myself but not paying the stupid prices thay want..but dont want to get one thats been lifted from another family
How about adopting one from RSPCA? (other such places are available)

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
'Adopt' from the RSPCA....you mean buy from the RSPCA yes?

To 'adopt' a dog from that worthless business costs you £150 to £200 roughly.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter

I tried many times ,but i had to have a 6 foot fence all around . I rescued one privately in the end , he was well looked after not miss treated.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter

Sportsman

Site Supporter
Unless you want to show or breed then why pay stupid prices for "pedigrees"
when there are tens of thousands of lovely dogs living in impersonal kennels (and they are the lucky ones :mad: ) who would love nothing better than to curl up at your fireside and feel secure for once.
Give a dog a chance. You will get back much more than you give(y)

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Both mine have been from rescues. First one was a black GSD from Dog's Trust & the loony in my picture came from UK German Shepherd Rescue. I'd always recommend using a rescue & even though I'm now dogless, I still donate to UKGSR. Also - if you buy stuff on Amazon, use smile@amazon & you can nominate a charity to receive a percentage of your purchase price. UKGSR received a nice cheque for £400 off Amazon this month & very grateful they were too.

TrickyD

Site Supporter

Most re homing charities will ask for a fee, they need the money. I don't know if the re homing centres are open at the moment, the place we got one of ours from was shut during the first lockdown, as they did home visits to check potential new owners. I do hate the term "rescue" in relation to these charities, it implies the animals were in grave danger, some are, but a lot were well loved.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
smile@amazon & you can nominate a charity to receive a percentage of your purchase price. UKGSR received a nice cheque for £400 off Amazon this month & very grateful they were too.
You can download easy fundraising as well, they work on loads of different sites and if you google a product there app puts a little e next to any that you can fundraise with.

I've been using it for years.