Jumping the gun.again

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I added to the Climate change last night :( i burnt a load of Boxes in my Burning Bin, but im sure if id have been allowed to tek em to the Tip i would have used the same emissions in Fuel :rolleyes:

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
It's that word...'could'..it also means ' could not'. The word 'might' also means 'might not'. I don't think anyone knows for certain, and to think these are top people in top jobs not knowing anything for certain. A bit like the government really.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I think in real terms the fires in Australia are causing more harm to the environment lately than anything we could collectively throw at it.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I rang my local tip and asked em if i could drop a load of Cardboard from boxes what i had in my cellar and from xmas, because i have a van the answers no, so Ballox it got burnt, i tried to recycle but they turned it down.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
You can apply to the council for a special permit which allows you to take a commercial vehicle to the council tip up to six times in a year.
The fact that the paperwork requests more information than a HMRC tax return, plus a copy of the vehicle's V5, makes this a none starter, the council do not need to know anything other than the make and registration for the permit, and the source of the waste.

And then they wonder why fly tipping is on the increase and costing them far more than it would have cost them to process the waste in the first place. Then again we have our EE cousins to blame as most used the tips to deposit trade waste instead of going down the correct path of skips and waste companies.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
@Dave i said to the bloke on the phone cant i just pull up outside and carry the Cardboard in ? No was the answer. At least i tried.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Our local recycling centre is the same. Go in with a car and tip anything you want..go in with a van and you get turned away.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've got a pickup, the perfect dual purpose vehicle, and yet cannot use it to take garden waste and household waste to the council tip which we pay towards.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Once monthly in the green bin but with it being Xmas they are already nearly full. I would have bunged the binny to tek it but they not due till Feb.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
As an aside

Any tradesman that uses his or hers van to transport waste from any jobsite, regardless of what it is or where its going

is required by law, to be in possesion of a waste transfer licence, failure to comply can lead to huge fines and the possible confiscation of the said van

62tucker

Site Supporter
I've got a pickup, the perfect dual purpose vehicle, and yet cannot use it to take garden waste and household waste to the council tip which we pay towards.
I seen builders with estate cars full of bricks,bags of rubble etc every day when I was dismantling a shed and greenhouse and digging my new pond out. Seemed to be a bit of a con. But rules are rules.

On cardboard. I recycle all mine into my worm compost bins. Unless it’s the shinny stuff and that goes in twice monthly collected wheelie bin

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I seen builders with estate cars full of bricks,bags of rubble etc every day when I was dismantling a shed and greenhouse and digging my new pond out. Seemed to be a bit of a con. But rules are rules.

On cardboard. I recycle all mine into my worm compost bins. Unless it’s the shinny stuff and that goes in twice monthly collected wheelie bin

Wish I’d have known ya could have come down and had mine ??

62tucker

Site Supporter
Wish I’d have known ya could have come down and had mine ??
Get plenty of my own. got big pile as we speak getting nice and wet. Much easier to rip up into smaller pieces and the worms love getting into The corrugation bits. And it rots down to nowt really

A few should try this. Rip a few boxes up and soak in water and place on some soil in your back garden and place a brick or stone on top. Leave a month or so and see the worms you can collect.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
They are not fussy at our tip. They are not really supposed to take trade waste but they are more than happy to in reality. They certainly let vans in without any permits or anything.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
And councils wonder why stuff gets fly-tipped.
I'm sure most people who work in council offices have a card marked, " only suitable for council employment".?

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I’ve got a couple of let say employees of the state bent up ?? but for a bit of cardboard it weren’t worth bothering em ?

62tucker

Site Supporter
They are not fussy at our tip. They are not really supposed to take trade waste but they are more than happy to in reality. They certainly let vans in without any permits or anything.
Years ago a lad I knew started collecting waste. He made canny money. Because he gave the lad at the tip £10 for every load he tipped instead of going on the weight bridge