JRC Defender extreme 2 man dome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian C

Does anyone out there have one of these?
What do you think of it?

The reason I ask is I'm looking to buy a budget bivvy until I can afford a Trakker Armadillo. That said, it may have to last for a couple of seasons, cos I have lots of other stuff to buy too.

The cheapest I have seen the extreme is 89.99. Anyone seen it cheaper?
TIA

Ian C

darryl

don`t no about the defender but the spaceman dome from used tackle is not a bad buy try the weekley`s for contact number

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
Ian
Take a look at the Shakesphere Cypry 2 man this is what i have and it was only 85 there is loads of room.

Stu
***L.U.F.C.***

G

i have a Cypry 2 man also, loads of room,

ian the amount of gear stu has it must be roomy, got everything but the kitchen sink in his mate, [;)][;)].

catch me if u can
Andy,

Beebs

Gotta agree with Stu & Toma. I think the 2 man Cypry is very good value. I've got the 1 man (mainly due to restrictive peg sizes on my local lakes) and I've found it great. I'll be getting a 2 man Cypry for my trip to France in June.

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Ian

I got a Defender Extreme for Christmas. I haven't used it on the bank yet but have had a play at home.

Plenty of room, easy to put up and at a reasonable price (89.99). I had a look around the two local tackle shops before buying it, and it seemed the best on offer at under a ton.

AlanP

TINY

Tiny
Have a look at the relum 2man.they make the bivvies for rod huthinson.you can get them for 75.00(now thats cheap).And you are right to have an armadillo,theyre ace.Ive got one coz im a tackle tart.Andy....(Staffs Angling)

Ian C

Thanks guys,

After such strong endorsements from Beebs, Toma and Stu, I decided to go to my local tackle shop and buy a Cypry 2 man [:D]
I got the bivvy and some Fox pegs (with pouch) for 100 [:D]

On getting home with it, I thought I'd put it up in the living room. Either its one hell of a size, or I need a bigger house!!!! lol
When the wife saw how big it was (the bivvy [:I]), she said she would be willing to come fishing too. Maybe I should have bought the one man version???? lol

Looks pretty good and I'm looking forward to using it for carping when the global warming kicks in [:D]

Thanks again to all that replied. Its nice to hear some endorsements from the people who actually use the things, rather than read some magazine article.

Ian C

G

Ian,, have you any thoughts on a bivvy bed mate, ?????? i have got to get one as yet,

C'mon chaps, bivvy sorted out, what about a bivvy bed, any idea's thoughts and endorsements,, erm no to the fox gear for me, to expensive, nice tho,

catch me if u can
Andy,

Ian C

Hi Andy (Toma),

The wife ordered a Steadfast 2 XL bedchair out of the catalogue without my knowledge. Wondered what the hell it was when the geezer banged on the front door and said sign ere!!! lol

Whilst this model only has a two leg system (as opposed to 3), I have found it stable enough for my liking. It's not the lightest thing on the market, but then I suppose the lighter ones cost more??

I just found this review of a Nash Outlaw bedchair, which looks very similar to mine except for the colour (the Steadfast is black). I reckon the price is fair too [:D]...

http://www.coarsefish.com/review/addreview.asp

As I'm content to sleep curled up on my unhooking mat I can't see the point in paying out mega bucks for a bed [:D]

Ian C

G

Thanks Ian, looks to be good at the price, :))

catch me if u can
Andy,

AlanP

'EastAngler'
As well as the bivvy I was lucky enough to get a bedchair and chair for Christmas as well.
I got a combined package from Badger:

http://www.badgerclassics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=BC&Product_Code=F59&Category_Code=3

The chair has been used on the bank and is very comfortable and easily adjustable. The bedchair has only been "tested" at home but feels sturdy and comfortable.

They are not the lightest ones on the market by far, but this is reflected in the price. Delivery was very good, I went for their standard (7 Day? cheapest option) service and they only took about 3 days.

AlanP

martin.

Account Locked
hi
if you want to know how to keep warm on a night session ask missingphil or perhaps one of the others from last years trent fishin might enlighten you newer members.
Talk about getting FLEECED

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

AlanP

'EastAngler'
The events at the Trent brought a whole new meaning to the Fur Lined Bodywarmer concept, and probably should not be discussed in too much detail on a site with younger members.

"Ewe" never know who's reading the posts!! [;)]

AlanP

Last edited:

Beebs

quote:Originally posted by toma

Ian,, have you any thoughts on a bivvy bed mate, ?????? i have got to get one as yet,

C'mon chaps, bivvy sorted out, what about a bivvy bed, any idea's thoughts and endorsements,, erm no to the fox gear for me, to expensive, nice tho,

catch me if u can
Andy,

G'day Andy. JRC make some good bechairs. Got a 3 leg defender myself, 99 or 90 for the 2 leg version. The only thingthat gripes me about it a bit is the weight of the thing. It's quite a heavy beast, but it's comfy and keeps my butt of the floor.

G

Thanks lads, LoL Martin, sssshhhhhh ewe might upst missingphil.

Been looking in this months IYCF mag, seems to be some good deals on beds/chairs, there's even a FOX bed for 149, all i need to do is sweet talk the mrs into getting me one for my birthday,[;)][;)]

catch me if u can
Andy,

Status
Not open for further replies.