Jr Doctors, MP's, and Katrina Percy

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
If the unions had patient care in mind they would have ensured, 30 years ago, that patients did not have to be seen by dog-tired doctors except in an emergency.

pat 1948

22/09/13 - 17/03/18
In Memoriam
Originally posted by G0zzer2

If the unions had patient care in mind they would have ensured, 30 years ago, that patients did not have to be seen by dog-tired doctors except in an emergency.

Gozzer, I can remember quite a few years ago the junior doctors calling on the BMA about the practice of them having to work long hours at the weekends and how it could be detrimental to their patients welfare and the old doctors on the BMA said "We had to do it so will you", Nowt changes very much does it?

bezzer

Originally posted by pat 1948

Originally posted by bezzer

Hope that helps?

[:T]
Not really bezzer, you're just looking at it from another slant, ie, when you wife is on a duty weekend she'll knock off Friday evening/afternoon come home, back in work Saturday Morn, knock off at the end of her shift then back home and the same on Sunday, am I correct? The difference being is that an A&E Doc who is duty for the weekend goes into work on Friday morn and remains in the hospital where he has a room/cot provided, he can't go home as your Mrs does, he/she is on call for 72 hours and knocks off Monday morning, a bit of a difference to your Mrs.

That wasn't my point Pat, as you well know.

But you keep your hands over your ears shouting Blah Blah Blah like you usually do when you don't agree with someone.

[:T]

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
Originally posted by pat 1948

Originally posted by G0zzer2

Gozzer, I can remember quite a few years ago the junior doctors calling on the BMA about the practice of them having to work long hours at the weekends and how it could be detrimental to their patients welfare and the old doctors on the BMA said "We had to do it so will you", Nowt changes very much does it?

I have a friend whose father was a renowned surgeon who said exactly the same thing to his son: "I did it, so you will." The result was that my friend left the UK and emigrated to Australia, because he said that patients he dealt with at the end of his week were entitled to the same quality of care as those who saw him at the start of his week!

He is now a cancer expert and gives lectures on it all over the world. A great loss to the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.