joining up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi All

First apologies if you're already a member of this group , if you ain't then do me a BIG favour n join it PLEASEEEEEEEE(it won't cost you a penny)
Click here

You don't have to be a sea angler to join but the more members the better it will be so if you know anyone who would join it please pass it on to them as well.
Thanks all
(& don't forget to mention where you saw it when it asks you for any other comments)

BTW Both Dian & I are members & have been for a long time.

Thanks all

Alan
You've just been moderated

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Oh go on then!
Just for you Alan

Trev

Ziptrev
I do NOT BELIEVE it

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Done.

Not sure what I can contribute other than another name but looks like a good organization. Whoever did up the page was good. Easy read, full of information.

Newt Vail

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Thanks fellas icon_smile_big.gif

Hmmm is it only you two who have joined up or are there more ??
C'mon peeps i did say please icon_smile.gif

If everyone who posts on here joined up it would give the Sea Anglers Conservation Network over 100 new members (which should keep my mate Leon busy for a while & i'm sure he won't mind) icon_smile_big.gif

Alan

Edited by - Trogg on 21 March 2002 08:58:41 AM

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
All done mate!icon_smile_big.gif

Peter. thumbsup.gif
Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
To be asked is to obey.

thumbsup.gif Geoff
RSSG member - are you?

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
And heres me thinking you meant your writing. Oh well why not one curse is enough. Am I getting paranoid about this curse. John

chill out go fishing

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
On their way my son, icon_smile.gif

We had a few problems with the first proofs (please note the 'R' icon_smile_big.gif) so have got a new supplier and have been promised that they will be ready for the 30th icon_smile.gif

I'll keep you all posted, meanwhile back to the thread, what was it you were saying Trogg(y) lol

Dave

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Come on you Dumbos!!!!
With hunting getting a resounding ban vote, its the thin edge of the wedge and alan has made a voice easy for you!
It costs NOTHING, so sign up now and give SACN more credibility!
If you dont sea fish your kids might want too and they may thank you for keeping their chance open!
Dont be idle SIGN UP FOR FREE NOW!

Trev

Ziptrev
I do NOT BELIEVE it

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I watched Question Time last night when some stupid Labour MP ( a woman I might add)when questioned on fox hunting actually mentioned how cruel angling was. I think the quote was "men using big barbs to catch small fish only to throw them back".

Rest assured if Bambi thought that bringing up a ban on angling would divert attention away from the crookedness of his government, like he does with fox hunting, then he would do it. I wouldn't trust him, or his money grabbing cohorts as far as I could spit.

The fishing organisations really need our support to keep cretins like them away from angling, and keep its future secure for later generations.

thumbsup.gif Geoff
RSSG member - are you?

ray

wave.gif

done. thumbsup.gif

i dont spoil your fishing, so dont you spoil mine......take your rubbish home.
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Thats me in,

Dave
(Member of: SACN, RSSG, ACA, IFM, DS&S, AA, MD's icon_smile_big.gif)

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Thanks a lot to all of you for joining icon_smile.gif

Geoff

There is a quote in the local paper this week (next to the bit about Izaaks cottage) (edit) Adam tedstone (i think thats the name, can't bloody remember now) of the country side alliance said "there is NO difference between fox, stag or hare hunting & fishing"!!!!!!!
Guess who wasn't a happy chappy when he read that bit ??
This guys off his head of course theres a difference , we don't set a pack of dogs on a carp do we? we don't kill the catch at the end of the day do we?
So how the hell can he say there's no difference??

one word gentlemen is all thats needed to describe this fella "PRAT"

Alan

Edited by - Trogg on 24 March 2002 01:04:26 AM

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Yes Alan,
Unfortunately WE do,
WE being the Brotherhood of Anglers and those ones that kill Trout , Salmon and even Grayling for the table. WE being the Pike & other Predator fishermen, who kill small Roach, Bream and even Carp for Deadbait.
We being the German Angler, who is reluctantly forced to kill all the fish he takes over a certain size, he may not want too, but his choice is abide by the law or stop fishing.
So, although I have no interest in sea Angling, I have joined at your prompt this SANC AND I would vote for the huntsman in the same spirit of solidarity, because if you believe that all Anglers who kill should be banned, like the huntsman and only caring Carp and Sea Anglers will be left!, Then i think you may be in for a surprise!
I dont want to sea fish, I dont want to hunt with dogs!
BUT I will support YOUR right of choice!

Trev

Ziptrev
I do NOT BELIEVE it

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Trogg.

There is nothing more infuriating than reading quotes from members of politcal parties and other alliances who do not know what they are talking about. A hell of a lot of people in the Country side Alliance wouldn't know a cow pat if they trod in one. They are along for the ride.

I have always believed each to their own. I have no knowledge of electronics so i would not give an opinion on it. I am not an expert on carp fishing so I don't give opinions on different rigs used. I give opinions on general things like alarms and night fishing, but I don't want these things banned.

I believe I am entitled to give an opinion about country pursuits cos I was raised for the first 18 years of my life in a small Sussex village. I used to wander for hours through the fields and forests that surrounded the village I lived in. I spent weeks in the archives of the County Hall finding out all I could about the area I lived in, and its local History.

If I told somebody who lives in that village now where the village name originated (Netherfield - Nadrefeld - Anglo Saxon for Field of Adders) (in fact one of the original Halfe Tuns in the Domesday Book)they would think I wasn't all there. Lets face it, most modern historians (thats a joke) actually call the Battle of Senlac Hill, the Battle of Hastings. Wa****** all.

But that is the trouble with a lot of national and local politicians now. No idea of History of either where they live or the country in general. How to make money - a different thing all together. As I said earlier, the only reason Fox Hunting is constantly brought to the forefront is to draw attention away from the dreadful record this government has on NHS, Crime and Education. Once foxhunting has gone they will target fishing.

Bring back Guy Fawkes. All is forgiven.

COME THE REVOLUTION BROTHERS

thumbsup.gif Geoff
RSSG member - are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.