Join us :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'

Newt Vail

Alan Roe

Hey Newt! Tell you what you get your butt over here in time for the Elvington fish in and you can stay with my family and I'll take you to the fish in..

Cheers
Alan

Cheers
Alan

norm

same as for the north east bash mate

it isint the size of the tiddler that counts

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
I'm really looking forward to this weekend. Folks headed down there from all over. I know of one who was there last year and will be back who drives over 300 miles.

Todd Davis - the organizer - has put around 40lbs of maize and seeds a day in the area for the past 2 weeks and says carp are everywhere.

Odd lake though - big and deep and mostly rocky bottom. Must be some large carp in there somewhere but we will mostly be catching hign singles/low doubles. Not stunted but almost no larger ones. All commons as well.

There are other lakes in the area with larger fish but none with enough space for many folks to fish from the bank in one area so no good for a fish-in.

Todd took a 40+ grass carp last year from a nearby water on a piece of floated bagel. Big surprise too since he was expecting much smaller fish and was using light tackle. He is a serious carper though and has his 22ft pontoon boat rigged with legs at each corner that he can lower so if he is fishing in water of 10ft or less, he can turn the thing into a totally stable fishing platform. Necessary in his area since most places are only accessible from a boat. No roads and impassable shoreline.

And a huge Thank You for the invites. I really hope to be able to make a UK trip some year soon. Slight lack of funds just now though. icon_smile_big.gif Ex-wife gets a bit over half of what I make and current wife was out of work nearly a year and had to take a job that pays less than half what she was making before. Ah well - some day.

Newt Vail

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
We could always arrange a swap Newt.

When Trev goes over to you, come back on his return ticket icon_smile_big.gif
The only probs will be that you'll have to stay quite a while and might be missed back in the homelands.
Second problem - whilst Zippy is still roaming the US countryside, rod in hand and notepad in t'other, just think of the reports that will jam my inbox icon_smile_wink.gif

Dave
(ps. Keep them coming Trev icon_smile.gif)

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Newt, Enjoy your day!
Now, If you can post that sorta picture!
How about a Profile Picture!
AND one of the early years on 'See here it is! LOL

PS sorted the US Navy site, got moonrise/set for a year!

See ya later

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Trev - I will be taking lots of photos this weekend. Also have some saved but at home and I won't be on that PC until I return from the Anderson thing.

I will get home well after midnight tonight and up at 0730 to head for the fish-in so I don't think time on the PC is in the cards for this evening.

Unfortunately no old pics. My sister has (had?) some but we haven't spoken in over 20 years and aren't likely to for at least another 20.

Newt Vail

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Back. Blanked. Camera didn't make the trip. Bah humbug.

Had fun anyway watching everyone else catch fish.

Newt Vail

Alan Roe

Hey Newt looks like your poor old eyes aint too good either :D
Y'all didn't seem to spot the invite above!!

Cheers
Alan

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Alan - I am so ashamed. icon_smile_blush.gif

Seriously, don't know how I missed your kind invitation earlier. And I Really wish I were in a position to take you up on it.

Newt Vail

Status
Not open for further replies.