john wilson new avon quiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan edmonds

Hi everyone,
I have recently purchased the above rod and am pretty pleased with it...I had believed when looking around for the best deal that the rod was the same as the previous model with 2ft extension etc etc... the original had screw in swingtip facility in the top ring, the new model does not...any suggestions why ? I would have thought that deleting a facility was actually reducing the potential for this rod.
any thoughts on this would be welcomed....alan[:(!]

alan

Last edited:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sorry Alan I can't help you on this, but welcome on board [:)]

Dave

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
I can only come up with one thought on this. It is an "Avon" type rod so being designed for use on the faster flowing rivers, a swing tip would be useless.
I do appreciate what your saying though and I do find it strange. It would be simplicity its self to remove and replace the tip ring with a threaded tip ring. The original tip is probably glued on with hot melt glue.

chill out go fishing

chris

i cant comment on why they took out this feature, i never had the earlier rod but i do own the new one and i must say its a very good rod and worth the money

mookie

mookie
[:D][:D][:D]

Firstly welcome Alan this lot are just awfully nice human beings....[^][^]....lol lol...

Well last year l was in the same situation l wanted the John Wilson quiver...but as l had the Pro Performance Power Quiver and pole l thought l would stick with that make...so l got the Pro Performance Avon quiver...that has a screw in tip and it cost me 39 instead of the 100 the RRP is.......[^][^]...one problem been near 5 months havent caught a darn thing on it yet...[:(!] had a barbel at the net but lost it...[:(!]...but it will happen sooner than later l hope...

Cheers mate....

MOOKSTER..THE ONE AND ONLY AND ORIGINAL....[:D][:D][:D]

alan edmonds

Yeah Mook..thanks mate..I was a bit, like stand back and look at the price tab mate..but early one saturday morning just before christmas I phoned chapmans and got the rod and a 50inch diawa
brollied for 91.00 including a load of end tackle to cheer me up.. the original deal was for a cheaper brollie but they ran out and sent me the diawa..so ..yeah mate..sorted with the deal..but no screw in tip..never mind..off to give masterline some grief, after all it's them that's ruined my life..let you know the outcome.

cheers mookmate..,thanks for the welcome

alan

TINY

Tiny
If this is Chapmans of Birmingham,just to let you know that they were taken over by WMAC a good while back and if you are comparing prices between the two companies,you`ll find its the same company and your money is going to the same place.[:)]
No favours there then.[:D]

Andy.

B1G_D

[:)]I ain't got a clue but i would like to say hi and welcome to the club[:)]

B1G_D

DDM

Danny
Oy Dom(BIG D) you never welcomed me to the club and you were sitting right next to me, Charmin![:(!]

You just remember that when you want a lift to the fishery on activity days
LOL

DDM[:D]

B1G_D

haha funny the thing is i didn't need to welcome you to the club

B1G_D

B1G_D

ddm coz it would have been pointless coz you were sittin next to me any way

B1G_D

Status
Not open for further replies.