John Le Carre

Zerkalo

The famous spy author has died.

I like his books and think he had a way of constructing sentences that just cracked me up. I can only think of PG Wodehouse that wrote in a similarly humorous way to me.

Last I read by him was the non fiction book The Pigeon Tunnel but it's as good as any of his other books and funny in places to me too.

Favourite is The Spy Who Came in from the Cold.

Zerkalo

RIP. It wasn't long ago David Ginola had a heart attack. I remember him from when I watched football.

genesis

Account Locked
The famous spy author has died.

I like his books and think he had a way of constructing sentences that just cracked me up. I can only think of PG Wodehouse that wrote in a similarly humorous way to me.

Last I read by him was the non fiction book The Pigeon Tunnel but it's as good as any of his other books and funny in places to me too.

Favourite is The Spy Who Came in from the Cold.
A giant in the literature world and I never realised he was actually once a real life spy when he was a student at Cambridge and then as a reporter in Berlin. I watched The Spy Who Came In From The Cold before I read the book and then read his others.

Zerkalo

A lot of people don't realise that about Graham Greene too, for me it adds a bit of an extra edge to what you're reading when you realise they worked for MI6.

squimp

Site Supporter
He also wrote a good book about Second World War aircrew ‘Goodbye Mickey Mouse’.

He was my Dad’s favourite author.