John Bull Floats

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
just had these arrive from John Bull Floats incredible workmanship I am well pleased bring on the Tench
180997986_1425105067847276_3896709489450075899_n.jpg 181406901_10219357835673391_2395138193479877719_n.jpg
What makes them a tench float ?

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
For those of us that have no idea, and have had no joy with google, can you give us a clue (or link) where you might buy John Bull Floats?

PAB

Site Supporter
What makes them a tench float ?
absolutely nothing it is just that i will be (have been now) targeting Tench with them and my first fish with them was a 3 1/2 lb Tench probably more luck than judgment though.

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
absolutely nothing it is just that i will be (have been now) targeting Tench with them and my first fish with them was a 3 1/2 lb Tench probably more luck than judgment though.
Ok, thanks for that 😊

PAB

Site Supporter
When I was much younger Drennan marketed a float called the “driftbeater” as ideal for tench fishing.

in fact they still do Driftbeaters | Drennan International
yes i still have a few of the old driftbeaters and the do as it says helps against drift and are good for lift bites but nowhere near as good as these which have so fine a stem to be in a league of there own. IMO

minkyandbear

Site Supporter
The John Bull floats I have seen on his Facebook page look stunning. Apart from the Driftbeater style the insert wagglers and sliders look very, very tempting.

I still use the Drennan Driftbeaters but also the Premier Windbeaters https://www.floatsonline.co.uk/Coarse-Match/Stillwater-floats /windbeater

For a few years now I have also been using Rizov pattern RF22 for lift fishing. Very sensitive and the tips glow well, which helps my aged eyesight. I generally use either a 2 or 3g version. Although a slider float they do make for a great close range lift or wag float. 1620123081659.png

PAB

Site Supporter
The John Bull floats I have seen on his Facebook page look stunning. Apart from the Driftbeater style the insert wagglers and sliders look very, very tempting.

I still use the Drennan Driftbeaters but also the Premier Windbeaters https://www.floatsonline.co.uk/Coarse-Match/Stillwater-floats /windbeater

For a few years now I have also been using Rizov pattern RF22 for lift fishing. Very sensitive and the tips glow well, which helps my aged eyesight. I generally use either a 2 or 3g version. Although a slider float they do make for a great close range lift or wag float. 1620123081659.png
thanks i will try a set.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Watcha PAB, I hear there are lots of tench in some of the trinity broads also decoy broad. Just don`t like the idea of freshwater fishing
from a boat, I do wish they would let us fish from the bank:(

PAB

Site Supporter
Watcha PAB, I hear there are lots of tench in some of the trinity broads also decoy broad. Just don`t like the idea of freshwater fishing
from a boat, I do wish they would let us fish from the bank:(
No chance of that I used to like Filby until they removed all the bream and dumped them for fertilizer on the farm land. still a few Tench in there but most keep quite about the broads so as the fish are not removed.