JJL Match @Alders

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Had a great day yesterday, representing Maggotdrowners in the JJL match...Top class field, top venue, hospitality absolutely brilliant, great to meet, our team, and be part of the day ...Fishing on our lake was Peggy due to the wind, but still a great day, Joff Rogers(venue expert) one side, and the one and only Emma Pickering, the other for company, some big names struggled, in our section, and on our lake in general...For my match, I’ve had 4 carp, 10 bream, and 2 big perch, which has got me 6th in the sec🤷‍♂️... I should of done better, as I lost 5 carp to snags across the bar on the feeder, and lost 1 shallow, so possibly 5th in section was achievable..basically I’ve beat everyone to my right, but no one to my left😩, Nick put me right, as my chopped worm line made all the difference in my half of the section, catching me 10 big skimmers, and 2 big perch,and thanks to Dave for getting me some worm 👍👍No fishing for me now until a week Monday, work,work,work 😭😭 0384B5B8-1FEB-4938-96FB-E9CF32219A1A.jpeg EC48CF6B-CF61-42D9-A42A-8F884FEB7B4A.jpeg F5E0E381-309E-4594-96AD-9A2E88B7E5C5.jpeg

SeanB

Site Supporter
Sometimes things just don't go your way no matter how hard you try. You did the best you could and if anyone says otherwise just tell them you were distracted by Miss Pickering chatting you up all match 😉

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Sometimes things just don't go your way no matter how hard you try. You did the best you could and if anyone says otherwise just tell them you were distracted by Miss Pickering chatting you up all match 😉
ha! Emma’s gorgeous 😍I felt bad beating her 😂all the fish were up the other end of the lake, followed the wind 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
You did us proud Gazza. Well done and Thank you for fishing it pal. Nice write up by the way. 👍

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
You did us proud Gazza. Well done and Thank you for fishing it pal. Nice write up by the way. 👍
Cheers mick, as you know I don’t go into massive detail, about every aspect of how I fished, gets too tedious, I’m always happy to share any info via message though

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Cheers mick, as you know I don’t go into massive detail, about every aspect of how I fished, gets too tedious, I’m always happy to share any info via message though
Just wish I could have come down and cheered you on. Did Mr Arthur get his posh cakes or is that for another time ? 😁👍

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
It was a really good day all in all despite the weather and my draw :)

Great to finally meet you Chef :upthumb:
I’m sure with better draws, we would of done the business, but it wasn’t to be

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Yeah I sorted him out some nice food on Monday 👍👍
Ya not a bad lad are ya pal 👍.

I’ll most probably see Emma later this week. Any messages ? Have I to ask her if she would like a coaching session with you Gazza ? 😂😂. She’s a damn good angler but, even good anglers can’t catch what’s not in front of them. I bet she was struggling in that strong wind wasn’t she ? Or could you not see her from your peg ?

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
She was only struggling for bites 😂, it wasn’t too windy to fish properly, just odd gusts,we were chatting through match, just say hello from me 😀

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Best turned out maggotdrowner anyway. It’s just a shame your keepnents weren’t all level :ROFLMAO:

SeanB

Site Supporter
Well you have to give the others a chance don't you 😆

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Good to finally meet you Gary, no good beating yourself up, it was a decent result from that peg on the day. :upthumb:

The weights went with the wind on Pines. I felt sorry for the lad on peg 25, he had a 3lb carp first put in and never had another bite all match. :(

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Good to finally meet you Gary, no good beating yourself up, it was a decent result from that peg on the day. :upthumb:

The weights went with the wind on Pines. I felt sorry for the lad on peg 25, he had a 3lb carp first put in and never had another bite all match. :(
I made an error of judgment coming off the skimmers, to try for carp shallow, as I could see them catching up to my left, but I couldn’t catch shallow,and I only had 2 and lost 1, as the carp were further up the lake 🤷‍♂️, still hindsight is wonderful 😂😂

Last edited: