Jet2 rip off charges :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Me and the missus are going away in a week and booked flights with Jet2 - 109 for the pair of us return

Then the charges were added, taxes, etc, etc, charge to pay by card - what we we going to pay by?
Then charges for paying to do online confirmations, or pay even more to do it at the airport, charges for this that and t'other took it to 224 in total - a massive difference of 125 from the initial flight prices

Got round to doing the online confirmation today and guess what? You are designated seats on an interactive page showing where you are going to sit - either side of the walkway, apart

....but for a mere 7.98 extra I could pick two seats together on the plane - and then have to do it again on the return flight

So thats another 16 just to sit together on their chuffin planes [:(!]

...and then the cheek to take an extra 12p per transaction for Paypal fees ffs

So, Jet2, if by chance you do happen to stumble across this post, take it as very negative feedback - if you're going to charge X's for a flight say the total costs in the first place, don't just add it up as you go along - grrrrr

Mark Dicko

Webbo, you better check their policy on luggage allowances too mate, and for hand luggage and make sure you weigh your bags [:(!] [:(]

Oh, and don't fart or pick your nose on the plane as they will charge you for this [:0] [:T]

You only get what you pay for, you should know by now, "you don't get owt for nowt" [;)] [8D]

All this cheap flight mullarky is complete and utter ballderdash [:0] [:W]

andyfp

Account Locked
Ryanair, 80 per bag.
Dont pre book yer seats then and save 16 quid

me

Originally posted by Mark Dicko

Webbo, don't fart or pick your nose on the plane as they will charge you for this [:0] [:T]

theres no chance of that as webbo will not give anything away for free and that includes his warm, smelly fart air or a boggy.

Dave all these budget airlines are the same. they look cheap but when you've paid all the charges they are dearer than the normal flight. I looked on line last year to fly to jersey with the mrs for a long weekend. You had to book the inward and outward flights seperatly. Just for the flights with no charges i got b-ham to jersey 9.50 each but to fly back the cheapest i could get was jersey to brum = 159 each.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
my flights to and from Denmark have cost me a total of 57.80 (that includes the fiver for paying by card [:(])

One thing i have noticed though...........flying to the more "well known" destinations costs more in the long run, i'm flying to Billund because it was over 60 cheaper than flying to Copenhagen and then i'd have had to pay the taxi's bridge toll as well [:(], what i didn't know until after i'd checked and booked the flights.....Billund is actually the better place for me to fly to because its closer to where i'm going [:)]

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by andyfp

Ryanair, 80 per bag.
Dont pre book yer seats then and save 16 quid

I remember when we flew to Spain.............i had to put some of Stu's stuff in my bag cos his was over the limit lol [:D]

I checked the bag prices on the Ryan air website and i guess they must price by where you're flying to because extra baggage for my flight is 35 per bag!

andyfp

Account Locked
The CEO was on the telly the other day mate, and we was vehemently defending an 80 charge !!

nick2b

I have had the same for the flights I am taking to France next week with Ryanair. It costs more for my case than for me. However, the frustration is the feeling that you are getting ripped off by all these extras - the overall price is still massively cheaper than elsewhere.
So my advice is don't give yourself indigestion by trying to breakdown the price, just look at whatever the overall cost is. In most cases you will find that this has still saved you loads of money.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well I'm flying to Nice in July with Mrs Yucca and the 2 mini-Yuccas. Return flights for all four of us with a certain Orange Airline, including the extras is 245 total which I think is brilliant value. It's a 1 1/2 hour flight, so I don't care about food, blah blah blah, and that's including the luggage too. Fly with them fairly regularly as it's where my inlaws live.

So razz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.