jelly pellets

mondialman47

Site Supporter
Anybody tried or know anything about marukyu jelly pellets, apparently they are a japanese bait.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
The jelly pellets are really good, especially the red ones. Very effective. I haven’t seen them for sale anywhere for at least a year. If you have found some they will be old stock though they keep for a very long time without suffering.

They are quite soft and so not suitable for long chucks as they tend to come off the hook when they splash down. The 8mm ones, which are labelled tough, are better in this respect than the 6 and 8mm.

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
These?

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I can’t comment on the nori (green) ones as I’ve never tried them. It was the ebi (red) ones I used to use.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
You could make your own by pumping expanders in a mix of water with those jelly sheets in it and added flavours/colours. Drain, then leave them to stand over night in a plastic bag (food bag) or similar in the fridge.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
You could make your own by pumping expanders in a mix of water with those jelly sheets in it and added flavours/colours. Drain, then leave them to stand over night in a plastic bag (food bag) or similar in the fridge.
Yes ,ive done it with strawberry jelly cubes ,makes lovely pellets ,the more jelly you use the firmer or rubbery they get .

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Yes ,ive done it with strawberry jelly cubes ,makes lovely pellets ,the more jelly you use the firmer or rubbery they get .
I just use those sheets of gelatin, adding some colour and flavour when the sheets have melted. Lime and blackcurrant seems to work o.k. on the lakes round here.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I just use those sheets of gelatin, adding some colour and flavour when the sheets have melted. Lime and blackcurrant seems to work o.k. on the lakes round here.
Il have to experiment with those flavours , also oyster and fish sauce . Always meant to try Oyster sauce ,never got around to it .