Jebao pond pump hack

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
For those that don't know Jebao make pond pumps for several companies that rebrand them under their own labels.

I've always rated them as a pond pump having used them for the best part of twenty years.
However they do have one fault and that is they can foul up quite easily, especially if you have fine weed or detritus in the pond.

Here's a quick fix for anyone who uses one....

Take the impellor cover off, usually four screws.
Inside you'll see the impellor held on by two circlips.
Remove the two circlips and bin them as these are what catch the weed causing the pump to foul up.

Once you've done that mix some Araldite and mould it around the shift sticking out of the impellor.
This will ensure the impellor cannot come loose.

Put the housing back on making sure it doesn't trap the large O ring, allow the Araldite time to set, and happy pumping.

20210209_175252.jpg

You can find Jebao pumps here:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I just knew you would come up with something ingenious to fix it after you told me it was on the blink.
Nothing like the thought of having to spend money to bring out the creative side in a True Tight Arsed Yorkie. 🤣 😂

Total

Site Supporter
I just knew you would come up with something ingenious to fix it after you told me it was on the blink.
Nothing like the thought of having to spend money to bring out the creative side in a True Tight Arsed Yorkie. 🤣 😂
Didn't our Dave buy a replacement pond pump anyway?:unsure: