jealous matchmen

Status
Not open for further replies.

scouse

'River Man'
hi lads
just read this on another site
what do you think
WON ALL MATCHES AT GORSTY HALL WITH MY OWN METHOD WAGGLER,100LB PLUS EVERY TIME.NOW GORSTY HAS BANNED ALL METHODS THAT WILL CATCH FISH,WHY DO WE FISH THESE PLACES?ANY METHOD THAT CATCHES FISH GETS BANNED EVERY WHERE JUST LATELY.DONT THESE PEOPLE WANT US TO CATCH FISH
i wonder was it gorsey or some jealous matchmen geting tonked
who put the oar in i wonder
ps thats how i copyed it in caps

dave mickey.gif scouse

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dave,
It's a vicious circle mate.
If 1 angler gets too successful,the attendances start to drop as other anglers feel that they can't compete.
Falling attendances mean that the owner of the venue gets less income,so invariably the method/bait gets banned in an attempt to return things to a supposedly level playing field.
The trouble with this is that the better/thinking anglers soon sort out another winning method that others try to copy,usually unsuccesfully so the attendances start to drop again till another method/bait gets banned.

Watch the anglers that win consistantly on any venue,they are the one's that put in the thought/hard work looking for an edge.there is no real secret,just a lot of time & effort.

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

scouse

'River Man'
hi pete
but i bet the same so called matchmen
dont mind taking the money off
the pool fodder more the merrier,
but when someone comes along and starts tanning there arses
its a new ball game

dave
scouse and proud of it

MALC

Dave,

It's not just fisheries that try to get things banned for the wrong reasons.

A few years ago the club i was in tried to get groundbait/me banned in our matches as they said i was buying the matches with the amount of groundbait i was using on some waters.

For example about 5 years ago at Drayton the method in evenning matches was to ball in a Sensas bucket full of groundbait on the pole line on the whistle then a ball a chuck there after.

In a 3 hour match this would work out to 2 full buckets and that is the way i used to fish it (and win) but i was acused of spending so much money on groundbait and buying the win, when in fact it was costing me less normaly than the guy's that were using 2 bags of the shop bought stuff, as mine was a mix of cheap ingredients from the feed merchants and only cost me around 5 for the amount i was useing.
Their's was at least 6 bought by the bag from the tackle shop.

Now adays i tend to stay away from venue's that in my opinion have ban's for no reason other than to keep the local match anglers happy.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

bart4real

I sympathise with you over what has happened and i too have had enough of certain match anglers. I have fished matches for years and have pioneered dozens of methods and although none of them are banned, it is difficult to find a local match to fish. If you are too successful then people bitch about you on my match curciut but who do they come to when they want the info on how to fish a particular method?
It makes me sick that certain 'top anglers' in the area have banded together to stop me from fishing their matches because they think I will win on a certain venue.
Admittedly, I did highjack a few of their matches last year but I see it as setting the standard. I fished six matches and was second in the first, won the next four and finished second in the last. The other problem is that if you win too many, nobody turns up for the matches either.
I think that if people resent getting beaten and refuse to change their tactics to cope with the changing feeding habits or winning methods, (I am never secretive about what I do) then they should not fish matches. People tend to expect a return on their pools money and that is wrong. When I pay my pools, that to me is gone! If I win anything back it is a bonus. I don't believe in bans unless it can seen that the method or bait is harming fish but it is too easy these days for anglers to get methods banned rather than learn to fish it.
There is a tendency to ban anything which catches fish but who is it that suggests these bans? Not the fishery owners, but resentful match anglers!

Cyprinid_boy

Willow Park is a wonderful wxample. Jon Raison changed the rules on a weekly basis to suit his son!! (and the cake menu!)

Stu Dav

Davi
Scouse

I am aware of only one club who regularly book matches on Gorsty Hall
A pleasant bunch of mixed anglers,men women old and young.

There are no open matches

There are few rules set by the owner,those are nets only in matches,no nuts boilies or hemp and barbless hooks, and oh yes take you litter home as we all should but some don`t tut tut (ban em).
there may be a ground bait restriction also.

If a club books 25 pegs it has to pay for 25 pegs as these pegs are roped off, if only 20 anglers turn up you still pay for 25 pegs.

rules are changed by the club not the owner of Gorsty Hall

Rules are brought in to make it fair, but someones perception of fair can often been seen out of order because they take it personaly.

If there were no matches on Gorsty it would still get filled as its so popular and its good (not easy) fishing.

I don`t know some people just can`t stop complaining. If they don`t like it thers always two options.

This could lead to very heated debate, am sure theres plenty of wood out there and thers always somebody got a box of matches !!!!!

Thats my opinion anyway.

All the very best to you.

Stu Dav

Status
Not open for further replies.