Jazz music

baldpaul

Site Supporter
I occasionally dip into some of my old Tom Waites albums, but that’s about as far as I go where jazz is concerned.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I have to be in the mood for it, usually of an evening, so I'll be back on it tonight, though usually inebriated too.

Not Now Kato

Site Supporter
I've been a fan of Jazz since I was 15. Sadly, my wife positively hates Jazz - which I find odd as it was her Dad's favourite type of music! So I don't get to play it as often as I'd like in the house :cry:

I don't have any favourite artists as I love all types with the exception of raucous Trad Jazz. Piano jazz is very soothing.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I don't listen to much 'smooth' jazz. Kenny G would be a worst nightmare. But some people just don't have the stomach for extended harmony when combined with complex polyrhythms.

This is one of my favourite lesser know winter christmas albums, the pianist, Eddie Costa really hammers the low register on the piano.

The one and only Harvey

He lives well who hides well
Site Supporter
I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed it. The CD is widely available on UK Ebay. You could probably stream it too, but I wouldn't know much about that. I have LP's, CD's, a turntable, a multidisc player, a preamp, a poweramp and my beloved old 803's. Which firmly places me in the "old fart" age demographic.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I have records but no turntable so stopped buying them, spent way too much on them when I did though. Stopped buying when everything and more appeared on YouTube.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
eBay and Discogs were the sites I used but also liked digging in crates in shops. So What (Kind of Blue) was one of the first jazz records I bought simply because I heard it was good.