Jaxon Line.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I have been trying this line for a number of months now in various breaking strains. I've used it for main line on feeder and waggler, hook lengths, pole rigs and found it a very nice line to use. Brilliant knot strength and very low diameter for breaking strain. Here it is in 0.14

100_1665.JPG

So, I decided to try and find it for the Carp reels as the line on those hasn't been changed for a while and found this...

1590783199583.png

I tried to get it in 0.25 (13 kilo - 28.5lb) but it was out of stock so settled on the 0.27 (15 kilo - 33lb) on a 300 meter spool and it duly arrived today. A little test I did was to take 4 yards off and did a pull test using the washing pole and a set of scales. On pulling it broke at 31lb but it was only 4 yards not a 30 or 40 yard cast. Anyway, off came another 4 yards and the same test carried out and again it broke at 31lb. If nothing else it showed consistency on breaking strain. I know the test isn't definitive, but I can only work with what I have to hand. I haven't tried it in anger yet as it only arrived today but it'll be seeing an outing before too long and will post about how it performs, but to be honest, it spools up fine and no twists.
As for hooks, it goes through the eye of a size 10 Kamasan B911 twice (in 0.27) so no problem with making up some hair rigs with it. Why a size 10? Well, that's the maximum hook size allowed round here.

A little tip for those new to either Carping or on rivers after Barbel/river Carp, make sure your line goes through the eye of the hook twice when tying hair rigs. I have seen situations where hooks and line have been bought only to find the eye too small or the line too thick.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
@Mike atkinson

Got it off eBay mate, comes in 150, 300 and 600 metre spools. I got the 300 metre one and with postage cost less than a tenner. The one I got is for Carp fishing, but you can also get it for feeder, spinning line and match, so there's 4 types of it.
Just to give you some idea, the feeder line in 0.16 is 13.2lb's breaking strain as is the spinner line in the same diameter. The match line in 0.12 is 3 kilo (6.6lb)
Look for a UK supplier as the suppliers in Germany want £13 for postage.

Last edited:

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
@Mike atkinson

Got it off eBay mate, comes in 150, 300 and 600 metre spools. I got the 300 metre one and with postage cost less than a tenner. The one I got is for Carp fishing, but you can also get it for feeder, spinning line and match, so there's 4 types of it.
Just to give you some idea, the feeder line in 0.16 is 13.2lb's breaking strain as is the spinner line in the same diameter. The match line in 0.12 is 3 kilo (6.6lb)
Look for a UK supplier as the suppliers in Germany want £13 for postage.
Thanks, I have tried your lines before, I think the steelon and this one you recommended,, in 0.12/0.14, I’ve been very impressed with both, thanks

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Thanks, I have tried your lines before, I think the steelon and this one you recommended,, in 0.12/0.14, I’ve been very impressed with both, thanks
The Steelon is a very good line. as is the Jaxon Crocodile and I still use those. This one came out listed as Carp line so thought I'd trial it on the Carp gear.

trotter2

Tried it myself its not bad stuff , not sure about the claimed breaking strengths ,but its very cheap for what you get.
It is ok knotted ties a good clean knot. Worth a try lads for sure.

Sam Vimes

"For fish up to" is not the same as a stated breaking strain. There is no stated breaking strain on those labels, just diameters.

trotter2

"For fish up to" is not the same as a stated breaking strain. There is no stated breaking strain on those labels, just diameters.
You have got to take that with a pinch of salt Chris, its probably comparable to the likes of silstar from my experience.

Sam Vimes

You have got to take that with a pinch of salt Chris, its probably comparable to the likes of silstar from my experience.
That's what I'm saying. It's not a breaking strain. The only thing remotely credible on those labels are the diameters. Whether they are accurate, or not, is another matter.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
I have pointed this fact out before. I've landed double figure carp on 1.7 Bayer. I can also vouch for the Steelon.

trotter2

The stuff I got was .10 mm. Did my usual test of comparing it to other lines. It's not as strong as stroft, or reflo but that's no surprise with reflo being stronger as the dia are all thicker than advertised as we all know. But it was roughly about the same knot strenght as silstar. Which to be honest is not bad considering how much you get and the low price of the product. Would I buy it again? maybe it's not bad.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
If a line gives 33lb, and a 4 yard length breaks at 31lb (on two separate tests), I'd say that was consistent. And to go through the eye of a Kamasan B911 size 10 twice, I would say the diameter 0.27, won't be that far out if at all.

richox12

Taking advantage of ‘new technology’ is one thing. Being treated as idiots is different

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Taking advantage of ‘new technology’ is one thing. Being treated as idiots is different
Idiots? Who's treating who as an idiot?

Last edited:

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Companies making wild claims
And there's the problem. Companies can make these claims, but why don't they back it up with actual evidence? e.g. a vid of how it performs under pressure. Unfortunately, I can't get to test this line in anger until maybe next Thursday because of work to be done round club waters, but it will be put through it's paces.