Jansons(Match Lake )

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
If you hang on a bit, there will be some responses as there are a few that fish it. (y)

Whisker

Site Supporter
Our club occasionally fishes Aubrey's or Munroe's but I've fished the match lake 2 or 3 times.
It’s not deep (3') and it’s stuffed full of fish. Match weights can top 400-500lb so take plenty of keepnets!

No doubt you'll hear "leave a space between you're nets and fish between them" but I've never done that. No need to fish long this time of year, you'll catch from anywhere so it makes sense to fish the margins / 2+1 or 2.

Usual baits, pellet (fishery pellets only), corn, maggot/deads. Taken off the website:
40 pegs, approx. 11 meters wide to the island. A well stocked lake with mainly carp up to 9lb with an average of 4lb, plus Ide to 4lb and skimmers to 2lb.

Home page here:

Rules here:

You won't be a Top blanker at Jansons, good luck for Saturday and let us know how you get on.

gixer 13

Site Supporter
Top 2 down the edge as close in as you can get a fishable depth. Feed sparingly else you get too many fish in your peg and foul hookers are a problem. You need strong gear i use vespe orange elastic 0.20 dimater line direct to a tubertini size 2 series 175. peg nets out carefully and you will need at least 6 if you get it right. have your landing net with a good sized head ready as you can land some of the bigger fish as soon as you have hooked them as they just stay on the top for a few seconds unaware they are hooked.