Jakey Owen Riverfest

chappo

One of our members on here, Jason Owen, qualified for Riverfest today and hope he draws two flyers over the weekend to pick up the coveted trophy.
he's such a modest unassuming and nice bloke and fingers crossed Jase
Other qualifiers today were Adey Piggot and Steve Maher

frankg

Site Supporter
Excuse my thickness....so was it the winners of their section rather than the three best weights?

frankg

Site Supporter
He fished for Irby & Willaston in the winter leagues during the 80's & 90's. Lives here in Spital.

There's a vague recollection, but not sure. Do many 'ordinary' anglers get to the final or is it more or less all big or well know names?

chappo

The finalists are mostly well respected and quality river anglers Frank but there's always a chance of everyday club anglers getting through given the nature of rivers being so peggy these days.
The final is a different affair though because mr average has to be very lucky to draw well twice and compete with the best of the best.
Its nice to know that angling is one of those sports where you can fish against world chaps etc if you pay your dues

Freesolo82

Site Supporter
The finalists are mostly well respected and quality river anglers Frank but there's always a chance of everyday club anglers getting through given the nature of rivers being so peggy these days.
The final is a different affair though because mr average has to be very lucky to draw well twice and compete with the best of the best.
Its nice to know that angling is one of those sports where you can fish against world chaps etc if you pay your dues

I think you are going to have to draw well both days to be in with any chance this year regardless of ability as a angler

Freesolo82

Site Supporter
I seen some of the weights on facebook and it looks like it fished very hard and that's putting it nicely

chappo

Awful...........................