Izaak Waltons 30 March2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Prior to our trip to Izaak Waltons fishery on Saturday 30th March I thought I had better clear it with the owner so I wrote to Paul yesterday, and to my delight he rang my house this morning to say he is looking forward to our visit.

He has a small match booked for part of the top lake on the day in question but the rest of the complex is clear. Unfortunately it will be impossible to hold a match, as he is against keep nets being used in principal and especially on the bottom pool, which I believe most of us would prefer to fish. It would be best to get to the fishery before 8am to make sure of swims on the bottom lake.

I did not ask him on the question of ground bait bans so we have to abide by the normal fishery rules. I think Trogg posted these up on a previous Fish-In thread for the December trip.

If any one has any ideas of how we can add a bit of spice to the days fishing, i.e. money on biggest fish, or a points for fish contest, without using keep nets I am open for any suggestions.

I believe about 16 of us, at last count, showed an interest in the day out so could you please confirm you are coming either on this thread, or by E-Mailing me at geoff.palmer1@ntlworld.com. This is to enable me to let Paul know on final numbers a couple of weeks prior to the trip.

Dai, I have you down as a definite and will be picking you up on the morning as we agreed. Will confirm later in March. I also know Ray s is a definite, because it was our wish to have a quick day out that started all this off, thankfully.

Paul did venture some news on the fishing. Apparently it is fishing very well, the bottom lake especially, with rods taking 100lb of carp to 6lb long may it continue.

thumbsup.gif Geoff

MALC

Geoff,
I'll be there on the 30th so can you book me 1 place please.

thinking.gif thinking.gif
quote: He has a small match booked for part of the top lake on the day in question but the rest of the complex is clear. Unfortunately it will be impossible to hold a match, as he is against keep nets being used in principal

Lost me on the reason why 16 of us does not qualify as a match if it is going to be pre booked and fished to set times as per normal matches!!!

Maybe it can be sorted that nets can be used but all fish over a certain weight e.g.3lb be weighed and returned straight away.

quote: If any one has any ideas of how we can add a bit of spice to the days fishing, i.e. money on biggest fish, or a points for fish contest, without using keep nets I am open for any suggestions.

If no nets could have a little pool for any or all of the following:
Heaviest Fish.
Most Fish.
Most Different Species.
Smallest Fish (to give me a chance).
Funniest Event Caused By THE ZIPPY CURSE!!!

But no matter what happens i'll be there.

Malc

ghost.gif ZIPPY CURSE CLUB MEMBER 001

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Malc, name added to list. All Zippy curse members get priority, so that Zippy you and myself guaranteed the best swims.

I didn't press the issue of a match when I spoke to Paul this morning. I didn't want to pressure him, just wanted him to agree we could meet there on the day. Perhaps if a couple of the locals, who know the water, and will be there on the day, could mention it to him he may well change his mind.

Still I would challenge anybody for the smallest fish.

See you there

thumbsup.gif Geoff

waxlion1

Geoff the Saxon!.. devil-king.gif

Please include me in your list, I,m sure PJ is coming too but i,ll let him post and tell you.

Waxlion1
hello.gif

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Geoff,
Favours have been called in,arms bent.
Put me down as a definite.

Peter. thumbsup.gif
Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well, Stu and I are up for it if only to show you lot how to fish

Oh gawd, I've done it now

Nice ideas Malc

Dave

scott essery

'Silver man'
Geoff

Add me to the list mate, im deffinatly coming!!!

I didnt realise Paul was so anti nets, but if hes not keen, then, i guess we cant tell him how to run his business. how about silverfish only in nets and we can have a silver fish v carp race maybe? It would be great to get the bottom pool as its got a lot of features and a great head of fish. if we have a 'draw' of peg numbers at the start then we can make sure we are all close to eachother rather than spread out (makes it much more fun).

Last year Paul allowed small amounts of groundbait so unless its altered, recon the same will be the case.

So be there for about 7.45am on the 30th march. will do :)

pjroberts31

Geoff, I will definitely be there, just to show you English that the Welsh are good at something!!

May a good day be had by all. band.gif

I look forward to meeting you all

PJR31.... wave.gif

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Gotta bring the curse lol,
Am donating 1/2 pint of Guinness as the most expensive loss/breakage/disaster prize.
Any incident requiring A & E treatment is on a double bonus!

CYA all
Trev

Ziptrev
I do NOT BELIEVE it

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:
Geoff, I will definitely be there, just to show you English that the Welsh are good at something!!

PJR31.... wave.gif

We will agree you are good at something, which beggars the question. BUT WHAT

thumbsup.gif Geoff

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
help.gif Beats me Geoff?
Are you sure that they are good for anything? roflmao.gif

Peter. thumbsup.gif
Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Only 30 days to go before we meet up at Stafford. Below is a list of all the keen anglers who are going to attend (hopefully). Anymore for anymore.

Malc, Ray, Daifish, Waxy, PJ, Larry, Ziptrev, Wendy + 2, Peter, Dave, Stu and Scott. With myself that makes 15.

who'se getting excited then.

thumbsup.gif Geoff

waxlion1

Geoff!

I've booked my appointment at the doctors for my anti-English jab, so I should be OK for the BIG showdown at IW.. army.gif

Waxlion1
hello.gif

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Waxy,

I am not going to say where the jab ought to go. LOL

Looking forward to meeting all you Welsh speaking sheep "lovers" at Stafford.

thumbsup.gif Geoff

wendy

yes i'm a definate + 2 more with me............. doh i think i should win a cup for going fishing with 16 nutters and being the only LADY angler

pjroberts31

Hi Geoff

Sorry for the delay in this reply, I've been moving house, never, never, again. If my wife ever wants to move again I want someone to shoot me right between the EYES and I'll even let you English try, no dout you'll miss just like every thing else you English do.
Did you watch that fine performance by Wales yesterday Geoff, hope so LOL jump.gif
The answer to your question, is hard to find out really, because we are good at everything us WELSH LOL????, especially Waxy and his sheep, silly.gif god help any of the farmers on our journey to IW, it should only take 1 hour to get there but Waxy wants to leave at 5.30am 2.5 hours early!!! I'll leave the rest to your imagination. LOLLOLLOL

PJR31.... wave.gif

Larry

Lazarus
weeeell i'll coming got try & catch more than a couple of roach&pole cauhgt perch.

Cheer's Larry

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Wendy, what are you driving? A bus. See you all there, that makes 16 at the moment.

thumbsup.gif Geoff

Status
Not open for further replies.