Izaak Walton Comp - 12th or 19th Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott essery

'Silver man'
Hia Fellas

Due to the fun and popularity of Malcs bag up summer league, I thought it would be nice to try and continue it a little longer by organising a competiton at Izaak Walton, staffordshire. Ive just spoken to Paul and we can have the middle pool on either:-

Sat 12th Oct and/or 19th Oct 2002

How does that sound to you guys?

The middle pool is actually a very good and hugely underrated lake. 1 small island where 4 pegs fish over to it at 13m, 4 corner pegs that are reedy and produce good fish. HUGE stock of 3oz rud that can be a pain but if there's a frost and the carp are slow to show they are a great second option. the carp average 3lbs and run to 5lbs. Had 40lbs ish in 3 hours this time last year. Nothing but rud and carp but there are a few 1lb+ roach that come to loose fed caster up in the water. Method is either maggot over caster up in the water on pole or use carp pellet (trout pellet banned) with a variety of hook baits fished on bottom.

So what do u guys recon? Interested? Its 5 peg fee so i recon 12 all in should pay the petrol money for the top 4 and we can run a raffel for a charity of MD's choice.

I said id ring Paul back by Wednesday 31st with an answer. So please let me know ASAP.

It would be great fun

Scott

icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Scott,

I have emailed the rest with the details and am waiting for them to get back to me.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

martin.

Account Locked
hi scott
sorry but have the ACA British pike final to fish on the 12th & its the severn fishin on 19/20th so cant make either date
Buti hope it goes well for you

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

scott essery

'Silver man'
Keith

Cheers mate that would be great.

Thanks for letting me know martin... good luck with the ACA final!

MALC

Scott,

The 12th is good for me as i'm on the Severn fish-in 0n the weekend of the 19th.

quote: HUGE stock of 3oz rud that can be a pain but if there's a frost and the carp are slow to show they are a great second option.

Scott ref the above.
Just to let people know this years best Rudd weight in a 5 hour match stands at 56lb and they can give the Carp a run for it.

Also spoke to Paul and Steve and their both up for it.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Polepot

Poles
Scott,

May be able to make the 12th but like the others we have the Seven fish in on the following Weekend

cya at Moorlands

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

scott essery

'Silver man'
Cheers Malc

Thats 6 so far including myself.

I'm going to give Paul a ring today and book it. Fingers crossed we'll get the maximum complement of 15 and if not, sod it, we'll still have a fun day all the same icon_smile_big.gif

As Malc says there are LOADS of rud and if your prepared to be busy for 5 hours they are a definite option as the carp sometimes switch off over night. But its a great venue even into November and December.

AS it will be getting dark soon by October 12th, how about an 10am draw, fish 11am to 4pm??? Sound ok? That way you guys dont have to get up too early (let the hangovers go away a bit) and we will be weighing in when its still light (and time for the offie to be still open).

Right then. If you could still let me know whos interested and your email address (if i dont have it already) i'll keep you updated and send you some directions.

Malc, recon Sillybait will sponsor me this time??? icon_smile.gif

scott essery

'Silver man'
Nick

How was the holiday? Good to see you back in one piece icon_smile.gif

I know its a long drive mate but it would be great seeing you again. And this time there are LOTS of fish and no strange creatures from the black lagoon of Rugby wading around in his undies scaring young ladies!! icon_smile.gif

kev coke

cant make the date scott as i am away at white acres chasing festival glory but hope you get a full compliment and everybody catches well
kev

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
October is some way off but I should be up for it, any chance of a side bet Malc - a quid maybe icon_smile_big.gif ?

Dave

RED

DAVE,

Don't bother with a 1 side bet with MALC as he's no competition.

But i'll have a 1 with you if you DARE

THE GAUNTLET IS THROWN.

TEDDIES RULE THE POOL

RED TED

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
malc,

if you cannot control RED perhaps he would be better off with steve.RED never used to be so mouthy.

MALC

Keith,

I know what you mean.

Before Steve got his grubby hands on poor RED he was such a quiet TED but now i just can not control him.

He's got so bad that he's even making me take him to Moorlands tomorrow to tie everything up for next week.

Hopefully that will help to calm him down a bit.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Malc,

You would not be having a little practice while you are there are you.

Don't forget to post how you got on.

I can then do the opposite.

Keith

steve wilson

WELL SAID KEITH
WOT EVER MALC SAYS ALWAYS TAKE IT WITH A PINCH OF SALT
OH BY THE WAY RED IF YOU DONT KEEP QUIET ILL KIDNAPP YOU AGAIN
FOR KEEPS THIS TIME

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Scott,

I am up for it and will bring someone else with me.Best date is the 12th but will have to confirm nearer the time as the wife has booked a weekend break and i dont know when it is yet,As soon as i know i will let you know.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.