Izaak on the 12th October

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott essery

'Silver man'
Just to let you all know ive booked 15 pegs with Paul at Izaak for Saturday 12th October.

It will be a 9am draw, fish 10am - 3pm.

Ive got a list of the rules and directions for anyone who'd like them, but will email you all a little closer the date.

So far Ive got 6 confirmed anglers (including myself) so pleanty of palces up for grabs .... its going to be a great day out, so let me know if your interested.

I'll keep you all posted on updates and developments

MALC

Scott i'll get the ball rolling

Myself,Steve,Paul and Lee will be there.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

scott essery

'Silver man'
Apreciate that Malc. Thanks

Keith also said he was interested and if its ok with you I'll remind everyone about it at Holly farm in September.

As your bag up series has been so good (Im well impressed with your venues now mate!!) I thought it would nice to do one more before winter. Should be a good day for all icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif

MALC

Haydn,

Scotts match is at,

Izaak Walton Fishery
Chebsey,
Stafford

Izaak Walton Fishery is only about 10mins from junction 14 M6 and only about 5 mins from Izaak Waltons Cottage.

Malc

martin.

Account Locked
hi
would love to fish it but fishing the final of british pike championship on that day sorry

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Scott,

The wife has just told me we are going on the 11th for a long weekend.So i cannot make it.Something to do with fishing every weekend since june and booking holidays from work to fish them.Now its her turn.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

scott essery

'Silver man'
keith

ummmmm

Dont want to interupt your plans for a dirty weekend mate! icon_smile_blush.gif

I recon its fair enough though and your missus has a point!!!

shame you cant come though as it would be good meeting up again.

MALC

Just pushing this back to the top as there are still a few pegs left and it's only 15 days away.[:)][:)]

So if anybody else wants to join in just post on here or drop Scott or myself an E-Mail to book on.

Malc

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Can't make this one Malc, it's a crying shame as I'd have loved to take a pound from both you and Dirk [:p] lol

Dave

scott essery

'Silver man'
Just a quick plea to see if anyone else would like to meet up for a fish catching day out two weeks on Saturday at Izaak Walton Nr Stafford.

Out of the 15 pegs ive booked ive only got 7 definite responses which means a) I'll be out of pocket and b) shame we cant see a few maggot drowners IRL

if you can come please drop me a line.

Polepot

Poles
Scott,

I'm able to come. So will see you on Saturday. What time is the draw and what is the tactics. As you know I am mostly a very bad fisherman so any generic advice would be appreciated.

Is it pellet, paste, meat, or those wiggly things called maggots?

You often refer to Joker - is that a bait or who you are?

cya Saturday

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

steve wilson

how many have you got now scott ?????????????????????????????????
can we have a few hints and tips on how to fish the place
pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

scott essery

'Silver man'
Right, update on saturday

Ive booked 15 pegs on the middle lake and so far only have 6 confirmed people so Ill be over 50 out of pocket if we dont get some more people turn up. As ive said before it will be great to put some names to faces and make some new mates.

I booked a day off work yesterday and went over to Izaak to confirm the booking and see whats working.

The middle pool have a total of 23 pegs and an island at 13m where 5 pegs can fish to it. The far end reed beds also had a lot of carp movement and an old couple with split cane rod were catching regularly on bread!!

The waters 12 inches down and a few pegs are a little less comphy than the rest (if you have a platform and/or foot rest bring them along, but if we only get 6 turn up, we can always leave them out of the draw bag!

Due to the early start (draw 9 fish 10am to 3pm) and cold mornings the fishing was slow for the first 2 hours with the carp lethargic to feed, though I did get 3 about 3lbs and plenty of roach and skimmers. I loose fed 2mm soft pellets and this got the 1oz rudd boiling from just under the surface, but at full depth with caster, maggot, punched meat and soft pellet I was picking up the 8oz roach, 4oz skimmers and carp quite regularly. At about 12.30 I introduced two golf balls of silly bait (Ill double check with Paul, the owner its ok to pot a little groundbait in on Saturday..he just doesnt like 3kg going in this time of year!) which killed the roach bites but the carp and skimmers came in more regularly and by 2pm Id got in total 6 carp to 5lbs, 3 crusions and around 6lbs of skimmers and roach. In the last hour I switched to soft pellet up in the water and though hammered by the rudd did manage 3 carp each about 3lbs and a 1lb roach! I also tried paste and got 2 carp each about 5lbs but LOADS of taps and knocks.

In all I got 11 carp and around 8lbs of skimmers and roach for something like 45+lbs. I used a kg of the GLM cats and dogs soft 2mm pellets with a variety of hookbaits and a quarter of a bag of silly bait.

Its a really lovely venue and cracking fishing so why not come along on Saturday!

leemays

hiya scott, i c that u did not have a bad day then yesterday.
so do u think these are the baits to take, riddled meat, slices of meat 4 punching, GLM 2mmpellets, soft hooker pellets. and i might bring some maggots along as well. cu saturday.

scott essery

'Silver man'
hia mate

i had a really good day yesterday and thats 'cos Malc wasnt there [:D]

the depth is 5 feet from 2m out (a VERY steep shelf at 2m then flat all the way over to the other side). so dont fall in.

set the float at dead depth but try comming up off the bottom as the carp like a bit in front of their noses and also keep twitching it.

the GLM Holly Farm soft pellets worked better than 2mm hard pellets (maybe the mouths are sore this time of year???) but riddled meat won a club match at the same lake on saturday!

ringers pellets worked better than the cats and dogs pellets

the carp should be slow early on so dont neglect the rud up in the water on maggots.

thats about it mate

fingers crossed it wont be too windy as it does catch the breeze [:(]

also bring some paste, just to try but i wouldnt sit on any bait for long, you have to chop and change until u find what they want on the day

oh and dont feed heavy at the start (Paul) drip it in steady and build up as you catch more fish.

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Scott,

Good luck for the 12th.Sorry i cannot make it but hope to see you on the 19th at Rolfs.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

scott essery

'Silver man'
Cheers Keith

im sure saturday will be a laugh [:D]

as i'll be about 50 out of pocket im afraid i wont be able to aford to come to Rolfs on the 19th. really sorry

let us know what happens

scott essery

'Silver man'
Directions for Izaak Walton

From the M6 come off at J14 and take the A5013 sign posted to Eccleshall and great bridgeford.

Go straight on past the right hand turn which would take you into great bridgeford and go over the railway bridge and take the second turning on the right which is a tiny track and should be sign posted Chebsey

Follow it through the village and 30 yards on the far side on right hand side you should see the sign to the fishery Izaak Walton

Now, if you take the first right through little bridgeford and go past Izaak Waltons Cottage keep going up over a big railway bridge and 5 yards to your left is a turning sign posted Izaak Walton fisherys. Take the turn, follow the dirt track for 200yards, take the left turning at the T junction and follow the signs to Chebsey village

If you miss this turn and end up at a T junction with a sign saying left Eccleshall right stone, turn round and before the bridge and Izaak Waltons cottage turn right into Chebsey village

Any problems ring me on my mobile 07752262455

As for food I dont think they do brekies at Izaak anymore, since Brendas been ill with Cancer. When I was down on Monday there seemed to be a burger van in the car park so im assuming they open that at weekends but its only a guess and id hate to see you guys go hungry.

The only place I know of is the shell service station on the A34 and the butchers next door that does the worlds best all day breakfast buttie (but again not sure if they open early)

Right, good luck and it will be great seeing you all on the day

steve wilson

hi scott
whats the revised head count for tomorrow and can you ask the owner for some descent weather

Status
Not open for further replies.