Ive got a Date !

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Been on the phone to my old Mum, ( shes 86 )

shes been up the hospital today and yesterday with my elder brother getting a problem with Aneamia sorted out by the very nice nurses and doctors

long chat and she mentioned that one of the Nurses was from Hythe and she had worked with Mum as a student nurse before Mum retired

dunno how, but in a roundabout way, The Romney Hythe and Dymchurch light railway came into the conversation, and mum mentioned she had never been to Dungeness (the end station on the line)

So, its a date, as soon as the lockdowns up, Im taking her on the little train for a day out, the full length of the line from Hythe to Dungey, take her in the restaurant, get her a bit of dinner then the return trip right across the Marsh in the evening twilight

Proper looking forward to it, show her all the places I fish and frequent on the 5th continent (Englands only desert)

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sounds like a lovely way to spend a day. I would give anything to be able to spend a day with my Mum, but sadly she died when she was only 46.
Im very lucky kevin, my old dad only died about 5 years ago, near everyone I know hasnt had the time with them I have had

The Landlord

Site Supporter
That's brilliant mate. I lost my mum 6 years ago, she was 88. Dad died when he was 58.
I'm an orphan.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Enjoy the day Mick, it will be a memory to be treasured. :upthumb:

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Nice one Mick, I love the RH&D especially when you pass the house with the railway layout in the garden

minkyandbear

Site Supporter
Enjoy the day Mick, my dad died in 2000 and my mum died in 2012. There is not a day that goes by when I don't think of them and the fun we had as a family. Carpe Diem.

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
Cant wait to see my Mum, July last time I saw her, no video chat or anything. Probably be just a brew and sandwich in her kitchen. Hope you have a great day @mickthechippy.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter

shes been up the hospital today and yesterday with my elder brother getting a problem with Aneamia sorted out by the very nice nurses and doctors

long chat and she mentioned that one of the Nurses was from Hythe and she had worked with Mum as a student nurse before Mum retired

dunno how, but in a roundabout way, The Romney Hythe and Dymchurch light railway came into the conversation, and mum mentioned she had never been to Dungeness (the end station on the line)

So, its a date, as soon as the lockdowns up, Im taking her on the little train for a day out, the full length of the line from Hythe to Dungey, take her in the restaurant, get her a bit of dinner then the return trip right across the Marsh in the evening twilight

Proper looking forward to it, show her all the places I fish and frequent on the 5th continent (Englands only desert)
How lovely 😍, have a great time

Barbel seeker

top man mick and big respect, make the most of her mate while you can it hurts like mad when you only have memories left albeit good ones.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Nice post Mick, maybe a couple of photos to show us your day out with your Mum. 👍

Tenacious Sloth

Site Supporter

Was it just me who thought you were going to say that your Mum had sorted you out on a date with the nurse? :D