I've been shot!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Had a couple of jobs in Bedworth today, got out of my car on Nuneaton Road and a car drove past and shot something out the passenger window. It hit me next to my ear and a couple of inches the other way could have gone in my eye and blinded me. I heard them laughing as they drove off. I kept calm as it didn't hurt that much or leave a mark but it did annoy me how they could do that. Didn't react in time to get the reg plate but it was a VW Golf. Probably some kind of toy gun.

Not the first time something like that has happened, as walking down Kings Heath high street after leaving a pub years ago now, someone threw some kind of liquid over me, went over my coat and first thought was "Acid Attack" but I think it was just some kind of takeaway sauce.

But to cheer me up I'm going for a curry for mine and my sisters joint birthday meal this evening so not all bad.

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Omg. And to think I am planning on bringing my lad down in August to Highley. Might go somewhere safer like inner London!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Omg. And to think I am planning on bringing my lad down in August to Highley. Might go somewhere safer like inner London!
Have a good one when you go to Highley. If you mean on the Severn though it's miles away from Bedworth. I work all over. Not going to judge Bedworth too much but in London it's more likely to be a proper gun. :LOL: Maybe an overly dramatic thread title but it annoyed me as still could have took my eye out!

SeanB

Site Supporter
The car might be on cctv, and as you said, you could easily have been blinded- the next person might not be so lucky.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
H
Had a couple of jobs in Bedworth today, got out of my car on Nuneaton Road and a car drove past and shot something out the passenger window. It hit me next to my ear and a couple of inches the other way could have gone in my eye and blinded me. I heard them laughing as they drove off. I kept calm as it didn't hurt that much or leave a mark but it did annoy me how they could do that. Didn't react in time to get the reg plate but it was a VW Golf. Probably some kind of toy gun.

Not the first time something like that has happened, as walking down Kings Heath high street after leaving a pub years ago now, someone threw some kind of liquid over me, went over my coat and first thought was "Acid Attack" but I think it was just some kind of takeaway sauce.

But to cheer me up I'm going for a curry for mine and my sisters joint birthday meal this evening so not all bad.
Happy birthday Steve πŸŽ‚ πŸ₯³ πŸŽ‰ 🎈 🎁 apart from being shot i hope you have a great day .

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
H

Happy birthday Steve πŸŽ‚ πŸ₯³ πŸŽ‰ 🎈 🎁 apart from being shot i hope you have a great day .
Thanks mate. My birthday is on Tuesday and I'm working that day, 5 jobs to do... but I'm an hour away from a Dansak and couple of bottles of Bangla. (y)

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Thanks mate. My birthday is on Tuesday and I'm working that day, 5 jobs to do... but I'm an hour away from a Dansak and couple of bottles of Bangla. (y)
I got hit in brum by a boxing glove on spring loaded device , they drive past me and the passenger fired it at me , i was shocked at first but saw the funny side πŸ˜„ but it could of resulted in a crash and maybe worse . That was over 30 years ago on the pershore road edgebaston.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I got hit in brum by a boxing glove on spring loaded device , they drive past me and the passenger fired it at me , i was shocked at first but saw the funny side πŸ˜„ but it could of resulted in a crash and maybe worse . That was over 30 years ago on the pershore road edgebaston.
Know the Pershore Road well... Dogpoo(l) Lane. 😁

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
I was once the victim of a drive-by crayoning!!! Working one night on a road in Bridgwater, car drove past and threw something at me, caught me just under the eye. Looked around, after the initial β€œwhat the flock” and found two or three McDonalds crayons at my feet. Woke up with a helluva shiner next day. Wish I’d had the sense to lob my pry-bar through the back window of the car!! Knobheads 😀

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Kings Heath High Street isn't a million miles from Ladywood where real guns are known to be fired on occassion.
Kings Heath itself is not a bad area really, just down the road from Moseley. My brother lives there but closer to Druids Heath. My mate got stabbed at the Maypole by a couple of older blokes when he was on his way home from school at a bus stop! Ladywood is typical inner city though isn't it. I know this girl that lives in Newtown and I ask her if she feels safe, but she is just brave.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I do feel that Bedworth is a bit of a dump though, just first impressions after getting 'shot' there.

AndyUnderwood

Site Supporter
Kings Heath itself is not a bad area really, just down the road from Moseley. My brother lives there but closer to Druids Heath. My mate got stabbed at the Maypole by a couple of older blokes when he was on his way home from school at a bus stop! Ladywood is typical inner city though isn't it. I know this girl that lives in Newtown and I ask her if she feels safe, but she is just brave.
I was brought up on the Bromford (by Castle Brom), so I was fairly close to "lively evening activities". Reading the Birmingham Mail on line there is a recurring headline with the word "shot" in it. A few weeks ago there was a headline "Gunman chased and stabbed to death". Crazy. We moved to Ulverston (South Lakes) six months ago. Latest headline "Man treads on crack in pavement..... investigation continues" (only joking.... but....)

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I was brought up on the Bromford (by Castle Brom), so I was fairly close to "lively evening activities". Reading the Birmingham Mail on line there is a recurring headline with the word "shot" in it. A few weeks ago there was a headline "Gunman chased and stabbed to death". Crazy. We moved to Ulverston (South Lakes) six months ago. Latest headline "Man treads on crack in pavement..... investigation continues" (only joking.... but....)
My uncle lives Hodge Hill and walks through the Bromford on his way to work at JLR and has also had trouble there. I had a job there and was amazed by the white noise you get from the nearby motorway.