It's the Weekend, it's starting to Rain, where are you fishing?

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
6 pints of perfect hemp and 2 of tares done, (that will give me a stash for the new to me club pond too)

picked up my wrigglers, flouro pinkie and some caster

went down the tackle shop and only spent £11, got myself a new sensas shot remover, some 0.4 olivettes, more stotz and the live bait

all ready for tomorrow, apparently a couple practicing on the venue yesterday caught a few bream to big up their weights, one fella had 20lb and the other 12, it wont fish like that with 18 on it tomoz, but I feel Ive done everything to give myself a good chance

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
@Silverfisher -

This is how you do it,

Image0121.jpg

Image0123.jpg

Ok. the fish are a bit blurred, but the slime on the hoody sleeve is perfectly in focus!

I think your roach are beautifully coloured, or maybe you just have a better phone camera.
Still water or river?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I went on my 7th ever Barbel excursion on the river Severn. I make that 7 sessions and 15 fish in total now which is not a bad ratio considering it includes 3 blanks. I want to try and keep my ratio over 2:1. Athough I got up a 3.30am so I'm all fished out for this weekend and still in a bit of a daze.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
@banksy ah I see what you mean they do look bigger in those pics although maybe doesn’t catch the colours as well? My recent roach have all come from the Thames and yeah they do tend to be lookers. Be almost sacrilegious to fish a Stillwater in the river season now wouldn’t it ;)

ianc21

Club match tomorrow, Springvale fishery. Beavercotes.
Ide bashing till the sun gets up, then down them margins, happy days.

ATTICUS FINCH

@ATTICUS FINCH .....Loves Bough Beech.... :love: ....Ain't fished it for 'donkeys':(
Up untill a couple of weeks ago I hadn't fished it for near ten years ,I love bream fishing on a res and I have three quite near to me Bough Weir wood and Ardingly of the three Bough is my or should I say was my go to as the roach fishing off the woody bank was awesome ,six mtr whip fishing maggot over brown crumb with pv1 binder to stiffen it up ,a small ball every cast saw quality roach fishing

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Monday - fished one of the club ponds. Had a cracking evening, caught a decent common around 4lb, a small tench, loads of decent sized crucians & some quality rudd & roach.
Went back to the same pond tonight, determined to get some practice on the feeder for this weekend. Snapped the rod while tackling up :rolleyes:
Out came the pole. One bite & one roach in three hours! Just about to pack up & then landed this fella. Decent scrap and went home happy. Even happier when my mate phoned me & told me he'd fixed & whipped my bust rod. :)

sunday carp.jpg