It's the Weekend, it's starting to Rain, where are you fishing?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Typical British weather, fine all week then the rain comes on the weekend.
One day just seems to roll into the next for me at the moment but something must be in the air as Winston (Boxer dog) is still asleep, the missus is still in bed, and it's 9:00am on a Saturday morning :D

Anyway, enough of my ramblings, are you fishing this weekend and if so where abouts, tight lines and remember - it didn't happen without photos ;)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I've the garden and paddock to cut, windows to wash, a puncture to have mended somewhere and a few chores so, it doesnt look like Im going anywhere today but, I may slope off tomorrow when her back is turned. Trent I reckon. Good luck to anyone thats going. ?

Arch

Site Supporter
Upper Trent or the Dove for some casting practise. Or local pond for pole fishing.

.......Or stay home and drink Coffee. Lost my Mojo a little at the moment.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Out on the Military canal sunday, Hythe town centre, Cinque ports club match, theres a trophy on offer for this gig

proper prepared, thousands of new rigs tied, new hooklengths, hemp, tares soaking overnight ( left em in old ice cream tubs and the gas produced while soaking has caused em to bulge, never had that before) maggot, pinkie and caster ordered, pick em up later, newish loaf of tesco toastie bought

poles and whips wiped down from the excessive amout of dry slime on em from last weeks new to me pond silvering days

rain forecast just as we will be packing up and weighing in,, 3pm onwards

(but it wont happen as I dont meet the criteria)

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I’m still furloughed so still no fishing at weekends for me at the moment as just makes sense to go when it’s quieter in the week. I had a cracking day on the Thames roach on Wednesday and another good day on them yesterday so I’ll be back out after them probably on Monday after the weekend rush.
1595060433252.jpeg

AnthonyJ

Account Locked
I’ve been hobbling around with a bout of gout. It’s feet up with a bowl of cherries and lots of water to flush my system, hopefully I can get a few winners at York and Newbury on ITV racing this afternoon.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
I’m still furloughed so still no fishing at weekends for me at the moment as just makes sense to go when it’s quieter in the week. I had a cracking day on the Thames roach on Wednesday and another good day on them yesterday so I’ll be back out after them probably on Monday after the weekend rush.
View attachment 37822

That is one beautiful roach Silverfisher!

But next time, hold it with your thumb behind the fish, and rest its tail on the cuff of your jumper.
It looks bigger and better, and gives your jumper a lovely coating of slime on the sleeve. ;)

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Yeah been some lovely ones coming out. I know what you mean by how the pictures can be deceiving they get a bit awkward to hold for a picture when they get a decent size. That fish was probably twice the size of the one below but you can’t really see that from the pictures. Most fish have been in the 3-6oz range but have had plenty in the 8-12oz range as well.
1595066861960.jpeg

The Runner

Site Supporter
A bit too windy today so going to have another go for some mackerel tomorrow, they've been non existent up here so far this year from my usual places, and down to my last two or three fillets from last years supply. (and the supermarket here must be the only one in the country that doesn't sell them...)
Either Monday or Tuesday, probably over to Loch Bracadale (with mackerel) or Rubha Hunish or Staffin (without)

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Match on club waters today so no fishing for me. This evening on vermin duty, back by 8pm in time for a few cold ones.

Last edited:

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I just been to the Tackle shop, first time in 4 months ?brought my 12 pints of casters and pint of maggots for Monday and Tuesday, I didn’t buy anything else, no small items - nothing !!!

Total

Site Supporter
I just been to the Tackle shop, first time in 4 months ?brought my 12 pints of casters and pint of maggots for Monday and Tuesday, I didn’t buy anything else, no small items - nothing !!!

You cutting back on the bait again Gazz? :oops:;)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I bet it felt great ?. I just hope you get a good draw now. Give em hell mate. ???

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Upper Trent or the Dove for some casting practise. Or local pond for pole fishing.

.......Or stay home and drink Coffee. Lost my Mojo a little at the moment.
Have 'nt you got some nice new shiny Guru feeders you need to christen Arch ? ??