It's got me bad

ATTICUS FINCH

Site Supporter
The dreaded COVID bug has finally caught up to me ,I'm now feeling very very ill and with having COPD I'm struggling with my breathing even more.
I had a terrible night last night and around 2am I started shivering uncontrollably. It's all very worrying as not only do I have COVID ontop of COPD I also have a shadow on my lungs, and that is frightening me all the more.
Stay safe people and look after your health .

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Hope you get well soon mate. Not as bad as you but, been there and it’s not nice. Positive thoughts pal. You’ll get through this. 👍

scuttster

Site Supporter
Hope you are feeling better soon. Take care of yourself and like has been said if you aren't feeling too good seek some assistance from the NHS.

Godber

Fruity Susan, Nobice and Inventor of W@nkles.
Site Supporter
Have you got somebody with you? They can make sure you are dosed up properly and keep you topped up with fluids.
Regular doses of paracetamol or ibuprofen to keep the fever down.
Plenty of water to avoid de-hydration, try to keep your pee a very light yellow colour and from the gov. Website regarding breathlessness

If you're feeling breathless, it can help to keep your room cool.

Try turning the heating down or opening a window. Do not use a fan as it may spread the virus.

You could also try:

• breathing slowly in through your nose and out through your mouth, with your lips together like you're gently blowing out a candle
  • sitting upright in a chair
  • relaxing your shoulders, so you're not hunched
  • leaning forward slightly – support yourself by putting your hands on your knees or on something stable like a chair
Hope you feel better soon matey. 👍

SeanB

Site Supporter
Hope you're feeling better soon, there's some good advice written above so not much more I can add. Take care mate and stay positive.

TiggerXFM

The dreaded COVID bug has finally caught up to me ,I'm now feeling very very ill and with having COPD I'm struggling with my breathing even more.
I had a terrible night last night and around 2am I started shivering uncontrollably. It's all very worrying as not only do I have COVID ontop of COPD I also have a shadow on my lungs, and that is frightening me all the more.
Stay safe people and look after your health .
Fingers crossed you get over it asap.

Out of curiosity, have you had all three jabs?