It's Friday

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
So grab a quick drink to start the weekend and a little snack if you feel that way inclined.

1524831441081.png

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
It'll make a nice sarny, wonder if local shop has a extra large sliced loaf. :p

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Yippppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Tigers match tonight a few beer and a domino's delivery, health and safety stopped me working tomorrow :):):) and sunday the fishing match bring it on (y)

Arch

Site Supporter
Yippppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Tigers match tonight a few beer and a domino's delivery, health and safety stopped me working tomorrow :):):) and sunday the fishing match bring it on (y)

Castleford i'd assume ?? I'm off to the other famous Tigers tonight. Leicester vs Newcastle. Standing up and not under cover and it's p1ssing it down. Enjoy the game

COYT..........

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Castleford i'd assume ?? I'm off to the other famous Tigers tonight. Leicester vs Newcastle. Standing up and not under cover and it's p1ssing it down. Enjoy the game

You too mate (y) i'll be under cover but stood up ;)

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I would disagree with you there PG, given the amount of opportunities during a game to put the boot in and cause serious injury and yet on the whole it doesn't happen. Yes it's a hard physical game, but I have encountered very few dirty players over the years and those that played that way were often the ones who were carried off the pitch. (y)

Arch I haven't been to a Tigers game since last season, must make the effort and go next season. Did you used to play locally ?

Arch

Site Supporter
We, my daughter and I, go to Tigers for the better quality games. Sadly the way the Tigers have been playing this year, we've only seen them win twice. I played for Coalville for many years, but moved to Syston for the last 5 years of my career. I finished playing in 95

Scribe

Site Supporter
I played for Leicester ........... West Leicester !:LOL: they amalgamated with Old Bosworthians in '97 to form Leicester Forest RFC and Aylestone Athletic that played on Victoria Park in Leicester. Best line out call was Dog S*** Ball 87 :poop::LOL: for obvious reasons to most, but not all ! I can remember playing at Coalville always a tough game :) I quit in 95 too.

Arch

Site Supporter
Was it that bad ?

As with most of this season, Tigers are simply not good enough. They were bossed about in the forwards as they have been all season. Gone are the Johnson, Kay, Corry, Back and the ABC club days. To be replaced by a back five of lightweights and an aging front row. World class backs never being given front foot ball. They let Freddie Burns go, to bring in George Ford, who isn't all that. Slow ball from the 9s means behind the gain line rugby. It's painful to watch. We've been to all the top games this season and seen Tigers beat Exeter and Wasps. That's it. They've lost to Worcester at home who scored 5 tries FFS and got turned over by Northampton, who suffered a record home defeat the week before. That really hurt.

Something need to change at the top bigtime, and soon too.

Scribe

Site Supporter
As with most of this season, Tigers are simply not good enough. They were bossed about in the forwards as they have been all season. Gone are the Johnson, Kay, Corry, Back and the ABC club days. To be replaced by a back five of lightweights and an aging front row. World class backs never being given front foot ball. They let Freddie Burns go, to bring in George Ford, who isn't all that. Slow ball from the 9s means behind the gain line rugby. It's painful to watch. We've been to all the top games this season and seen Tigers beat Exeter and Wasps. That's it. They've lost to Worcester at home who scored 5 tries FFS and got turned over by Northampton, who suffered a record home defeat the week before. That really hurt.

Something need to change at the top bigtime, and soon too.

Blimey I didn't realise it was that bad, not been following it as closely as use to. As the old saying goes Forwards win games, backs dictate by how much. Do you think Matt O'Connor is the man to drag them back up ?

Btw Arch what position did you play ?

Arch

Site Supporter
They got rid of Cockerill, then Mauger and bought in O'Conner. Tigers are now in a worse position than before it all started. O'Conner's not the man, doesn't seem to have a clue TBH. I think he will go at the end of this season, something needs to change. Stuart Lancaster maybe ?? Who knows.

I don't think professionalism has helped Tigers, not many home grown player like in the past. Lots of journeymen players just out for the money who don't really care about the history of the club, or the fans. It's a shame, it really is. Fortress Welford rd has been breached, many times. But while the fans keep turning up, don't suppose anything will change much. Full house last night 25,000 Same last 2 home games.

I played second row. A little small at 6'3" but could jump well. You ??