It's Friday - Where are you Fishing this weekend ?

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
Second round of a silvers league on Wellingborough's snake lake Sunday. Made a mistake re bait on the first match. Better prepared this time. Though I will still take an approach that leans towards all or nothing.
I’ll be the other side of the bridge from you .... Bedford winter league on Ringstead Shallows. Good luck in your match Neil ;)

ravey

I’ll be off to the Trent embankment with a mate on Sunday. Probably something of a last “Hurrah!” Before the first frosts put the kibosh on the fishing for the rest of the river season.

stump28

Chequered near Whitchurch for me, first time there so not sure what to expect but looks like a nice spot

Fireblade929

Site Supporter
BSB final from Brands Hatch, WSBK from Argentina, if the weather plays ball I might be tempted to wet a line between the racing.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I want to be on the weir now Barbel have turned up, when one turns up I reckon a load of them will do, but conditions aren't quite right as it's low and clear, will only take a bit of rain next week to sort that. So going Roach fishing instead with the chance of a late season Crucian.

Godber

Inventor of W@nkles.
Site Supporter
Using our Sly's satnav Mick?:unsure::whistle:
Covering a crew who are off on a training course tomorrow. Cant be @rsed driving 80 miles home just to get up 6 hours later and drive back in for my shift on sunday. Going to doss down on station and have a lie in instead👍

Total

Site Supporter
Covering a crew who are off on a training course tomorrow. Cant be @rsed driving 80 miles home just to get up 6 hours later and drive back in for my shift on sunday. Going to doss down on station and have a lie in instead👍
Don't blame you, your way makes sense....(y).....Is your local fire station 80 miles away or just the place you've been asked to cover tomorrow?:unsure:

OldTaff

Site Supporter
To my shame, I recently realised that it's over 2 years since I last wet a line. I was really pleased, therefore, to get a text off my brother in law asking if I fancied fishing a lake in Fermoy on Sunday. The lake has not been fished for a couple of years as there was a problem with people taking the fish for the table. The lake still bears the scars of numerous bbq fires where fish had been cooked straight after being caught. Sean (bro in law) said it was devoid of fish but I cannot believe that it has been completely emptied and the remaining Tench and bream could have fattened up considerably with the reduced competition for food.

Anyway, we are going on sunday and I am like a kid looking forward to Christmas. My shakey box has been filled, as has my ABU roll-all and net bag. It's back to basics and I can't wait. Even if I blank, it will take a team of plastic surgeons to get the smile off my face.
Get in there and fill your boots lad

Godber

Inventor of W@nkles.
Site Supporter
Don't blame you, your way makes sense....(y).....Is your local fire station 80 miles away or just the place you've been asked to cover tomorrow?:unsure:
I permanent station mate. Moved up from South Wales 8 years ago.

mike fox

'Just Me and the Fish'
Site Supporter
Taking a couple of lads out to Danebridge on Sunday. Should get a pull or two.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I’ll be off to the Trent embankment with a mate on Sunday. Probably something of a last “Hurrah!” Before the first frosts put the kibosh on the fishing for the rest of the river season.
Depressing isn’t it similar situation here we’ve probably got about another 3-4 weekends before the silvers fishing is off the table here as well.
End of? This is when my river outings start.
I believe the trent is much like my local Thames in that as soon as the frosts hit that’s the end of the silvers fishing, well unless you count more sizeable chub and bream as silvers.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Depressing isn’t it similar situation here we’ve probably got about another 3-4 weekends before the silvers fishing is off the table here as well.

I believe the trent is much like my local Thames in that as soon as the frosts hit that’s the end of the silvers fishing, well unless you count more sizeable chub and bream as silvers.
Those pesky 3oz roach don’t like the cold 🥶🥶