It's Friday - Where are you Fishing this weekend ?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Unfortunately for me most of this weekend is taken up with an MOT test Saturday morning on my truck, flu jab, shopping with the missus and a visit to my mother on Saturday afternoon, Sunday morning babysitting the grandkids, but Sunday afternoon is free as it stands according to my social secretary :D

Are you off fishing this weekend and if so where abouts?

Last edited:

Whisker

Site Supporter
Club match Sunday on a local water. Looking forward to this one as it’s a silvers match… 😬

MrBen

Site Supporter
Ashby park for me, just got to choose which ponds I fancy having a sit by.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I’m off for an early play around Teapot Island and the little “canal” stretch near Yalding.

Will go with spinning & dropshotting as my main aim but some maggots and a pole are my fallback.

Total

Site Supporter
I’m off for an early play around Teapot Island and the little “canal” stretch near Yalding.

Will go with spinning & dropshotting as my main aim but some maggots and a pole are my fallback.
Will give ya a toot as I go by.....:love:;):D...

Whisker

Site Supporter
Bit early for silvers matches?:unsure:
Yup, but it’s club, not one I’ve organised. Should be interesting trying to keep the carp at bay, I might just take a pint of maggots and my waggler rod and have a day on that 😬

Total

Site Supporter
Yup, but it’s club, not one I’ve organised. Should be interesting trying to keep the carp at bay, I might just take a pint of maggots and my waggler rod and have a day on that 😬
Lovely way to spend the day, providing you ain't carped out :oops:(hence my 'early' comment)....Be lucky....Enjoy....;)(y)

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Second round of a silvers league on Wellingborough's snake lake Sunday. Made a mistake re bait on the first match. Better prepared this time. Though I will still take an approach that leans towards all or nothing.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
To my shame, I recently realised that it's over 2 years since I last wet a line. I was really pleased, therefore, to get a text off my brother in law asking if I fancied fishing a lake in Fermoy on Sunday. The lake has not been fished for a couple of years as there was a problem with people taking the fish for the table. The lake still bears the scars of numerous bbq fires where fish had been cooked straight after being caught. Sean (bro in law) said it was devoid of fish but I cannot believe that it has been completely emptied and the remaining Tench and bream could have fattened up considerably with the reduced competition for food.

Anyway, we are going on sunday and I am like a kid looking forward to Christmas. My shakey box has been filled, as has my ABU roll-all and net bag. It's back to basics and I can't wait. Even if I blank, it will take a team of plastic surgeons to get the smile off my face.

Last edited:

Whisker

Site Supporter
Lovely way to spend the day, providing you ain't carped out :oops:(hence my 'early' comment)....Be lucky....Enjoy....;)(y)
Thanks, I’m half tempted to fish pole but I don’t think my light elastics will thank me for it… t’is a bit early as you say 👍

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Wife's working from home today... I've got Aquafit at 11am then lunch for me and t'wife then off on a Costco run this evening after her work, the to her Mum's tomorrow in Suffolk... I hope to get out on Sunday... got some maggots and worms to use up... the club are off to Slough House... so the club lakes should be fairly quiet