Its begining to look like.....

rudd

Site Supporter
Unsurprisingly here on Suffolk coast we have hardly had a frost.
I also live on a peninsula with tidal salt water rivers each side surrounded by salt marsh or marshes.
Most winters here are mild, its also one of the warmest and driest places in the uk.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
It might be mild but not very fishable around here. Most the rivers are in the fields with a fair few lakes going the same way or at least mud baths.

MarkW

Nice and mild but the ground is so saturated the rain is making the rivers very flooded. The Dorset Stour had dropped a lot over the past few days to 3' 6" above normal - still too high on the upper river, but came up 5' overnight to over 8' up, still rising and a ton of heavy rain forecast for this afternoon/tonight/tomorrow. Even the commercial I fish will have the road by the entrance under water. Not I'll get out again this week but hope to slot in something next week.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Both of the club lakes were frozen over yesterday morning. Going down later to see what they're like today, although the temp is in the minus here this morning. .

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Looks ok outside here in South Cheshire, l am going to a club lake this morning, it was a sand quarry many years ago, so a good venue to go to in bad weather as the paths and car park are never muddy.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Both of the club lakes were frozen over yesterday morning. Going down later to see what they're like today, although the temp is in the minus here this morning. .
Morning Pete, had a lie in?:p

rudd

Site Supporter
We need the rain here... oir club lakes are some 6' down... one of them was nearly dried up by october
Ours are about 6 inches down at present but should be full by end of January.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Is interesting how different it is around the different areas of the country. In the 16 years ish I’ve been fishing this is certainly the longest period (probably 2 months now) I’ve experienced of the rivers being high or over and probably the first time I’ve ever seen lakes over their banks so consistently.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Is interesting how different it is around the different areas of the country. In the 16 years ish I’ve been fishing this is certainly the longest period (probably 2 months now) I’ve experienced of the rivers being high or over and probably the first time I’ve ever seen lakes over their banks so consistently.
Can we still blame Brexit?:p:p:p

squimp

Site Supporter
I went to look at the upper Bristol Avon yesterday and it was actually too low and clear to target the roach.

local lakes (Cotswold water park) are all overtopping.