it stinksthe ammout of info they want

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Lazarus
hi all,
Over the past few weeks due to wife&myself &getting made redundant &having to reorganise all our finances to suit. Ive been doing alot of financial dealing with endowment insurance,mortgage,equity release. building &bank accounts job seekers allowance.Pension Credit solictor'si i think it stinks .
The the ammount of personal info &detail's all these institutions want before the let you do anything with them , From requiring passport's marriage &birth certificate's ,electric&gas bills council tax . Providing bank statment's s building society statement's bills,driving licenses all blame the money laundering bill. I think it a big conspiracy by this labour government to get a much personal info on you as they can i've always voted labour but they'll not get my vote next time, you can't move now or open a new bank account or anything like without having to prove who iam , Cost 150.00 30.00 at time for 20 minutes time.Getting 5 different solictors to look at the documents read them to me &varify who my wife &myself was.Can't use the same solictor.
How much i earn how much saving i've got who's living in house with me , Talk about big brothers watching.
Its cost me a small fortune sending all the documents off by registered post.
All want original's won't accept photo copies.Banks & building society's want 10,00 a time for statements.Unless you comply they have you by the short&curlie's you can do anything.All the say is the Government rquires this &that to enable us to complete the work& a copy of all this is sent of to theDepartment dealing Money Laundering .Do you think were being forced to hand over too much personal info today

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
Have to agree with you there Larry. Just recently gone through the minefield of re-mortgaging our selves and the amount of stupid bullsh1t you have to fill in and declare is rediculous.
Like you they wanted to see originals and would not accept photocopies. So it meant the first of a series of trips to dear old MK.

The best part of it was three days before completion the solicitors rang us to say that the mertgagers had "lost" the bloody direct debit mandate and would we come and sign another!!![:0] Jeez I tell you the number of journeys I had to make over to MK was stupid, and then the day before we were to complete they rang again to say they'd done a search against the bankruptcy register and had revealed a couple of the same names as us but residing in Wokingham and we had to go and sign to say that it wasn't us.[V][xx(] Unbelievable!!!

Last edited:

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes
Providing bank statment's s building society statement's bills,driving licenses all blame the money laundering bill. I think it a big conspiracy by this labour government to get a much personal info on you as they can i've always voted labour but they'll not get my vote next time, you can't move now or open a new bank account or anything like without having to prove who iam , Cost 150.00 30.00 at time for 20 minutes time.Getting 5 different solictors to look at the documents

What's it got to do with the Government?? Independent financial institutions want to know it because they need to find you if you do a bunk and to make sure they are going to receive ALL the money (plus interest) that they give you. Would you lend a stranger 100k and hope he sent you a payment every month?? Thought not.

The banks and lenders will always do this regardless of who is in power.

Larry

Lazarus
Cybermanc,
The governnment bought in the legislation that states anyone borrowing money tranfering money,opening new bank accounts etc has to checked out by solictor's to make sure they say they are who they say they to prevent what they callmoney laundering., &they arent opening the accounts on false document's or in other persons name's etc&to make sure the money is being used the purpose stated.I imagine it's meant to stop criminals . terrorists moving money about un hindered unfotunatly the average person has normal has been dragged into it.

Don

Just tell them you dont speak or understand English,that usually works ok :) ;)

HarryOatcake

02/02/04 -24/12/17
Site Supporter
In Memoriam
And that will get you precisely nowhere Don, [:D]
or an interpreter would be provided.

We must by now be amongst the most spied on people
on this planet. [V] [:(]

While they are watching us, [:eek:)] [:(!] [V]
whose watching them. [?]

Harry.

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
Quote from Don "Just tell them you dont speak or understand English,that usually works ok :) ;)
Datafile10.asp
Datafile10.asp
Datafile10.asp

Oh Im glad I didnt say that Mucker. We would have had the keyboard warriors tapping away for weeks.

Don

Originally posted by BARRYBLOKE

Quote from Don "Just tell them you dont speak or understand English,that usually works ok :) ;)
Datafile10.asp
Datafile10.asp
Datafile10.asp

Oh Im glad I didnt say that Mucker. We would have had the keyboard warriors tapping away for weeks.

I reckon most on here know I have a warped sense of humour blokey[;)]
An attempt to make Larry smile under difficult circumstances.

On a serious note I have been there and got the teeshirt and at the time it seemed to me that the only ones who got any kind of help were the people who knew how to work the system to their own advantage. Genuine and hard working people know very little about these things and I found that unless you knew or even suspected that you were entitled to some help and ASKED for it by name or form number they never ever offered the advice to you 1st hand.

Its all wrong of course and I think that the Citizens Advice Bureau could put Larry onto an advisor who would help him out as they know just about everything you need to know in such circumstances.

All I can offer is a little warped humour and even then Harry Oatcake shot me down in flames lmao[:D][;)] By the way Harry your are 100% correct the UK is the number one country for prying into your private life thats official apparently.

Larry

Lazarus
Don thanks for trying to cheer me lord knows i need at the moment .I understood what you meant you have to speak in a foreign tongue to get anything today.I did havea little wry smile to myself when i read it.
I was reading an article in the Daily Mail about the Sangate refugee centrein France &a refugee that had ben deported &he used to live in walsall &was on about all the benefits he was getting&how he was trying to get back into this country again.What irked me he had not paid apenny into this country coffers &i've paid all my working life &when i need help all i got was jobseekers allowance of 57.00 a week &they are going to take all that back when i get my redundancy settlement. He was getting 3 times that ammount,just handed to him. Heres me having reveal all my financial details to get that. Something is wrong somewhere when this can happen .Being dubious&duplicious.&telling lies &underhand dealing are far from what i do &how i live my life i know sometimes i get a raw deal but i only know one way to live &that is by being straight, honest,&telling the truth.Personally i reckon if you a paid it in you should be entitled to get it out when you need it regardless of your personal wealth if it was an ordinary insurance policy when you claim you what your entitled to regardless without having to means tested to see if they will let you have some money to help ,they make you feel like a criminal when you not done anything wrong.you are constantly told if you try feraud the you will be prosecuted &could possinly go to prison for fraud.

Last edited:

Don

Larry I can emphathise with every word you have written, it is WRONG but until we get some kind of political party that are a)Honest B)Hold on to their election pledges and C) care for those who DONT always shout the loudest this kind of victimisation of the English working classes will continue.

Incidently the murdering scum who goes by the name of Michael Sams as just been bragging how great it is for pensioners like him on the "inside" he boasts that he as no worries and gets 20 a week to spend on "luxuries". It makes my blood boil I can tell you; a society that looks after someone like that is sick beyond recovery, the only way hed get 20 off me would be for a length of strong rope and it wouldnt be for him to do a bit of skipping with either!

You may be banging youe head against a brick wall Larry but you stick with it,keep written records of all your dealings and find yourself a good benefits advisor. I know it probably goes against the grain with you and your missus being workers all your life but you have paid into the system and its supposed to help you, dig your heels in and (I wish I knew the latin) but "dont let the b---ards grind you down"!

jonesr

Quite correct! I have just received an 10 page document,wanting all details of occupancy and finances, supposedly by my local council.Will I fill it in and return,to an address totally out of my area. Funny thing is,there is no where to put my address details etc.What good is it going to do??????

PS: Posted in the bin!!

Ron J

Larry

Lazarus
Don they are not getting us down i was just annoyed they a giving the money my wife &i &tax&pension payers of this country that have paid in over the years to everyone but the people that paid it in.Getting everything sorted now already to send off in the morning .Spent all morning up the town getting all the info they want from banks&building society,s.

Bit off track, big brother ? Sat Navs for cars can tell where you are in the country, how fast you are traveling and how long it has taken. Have not registered mine as yet, if I do ARE THEY WATCHING ME ???

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
I have to agree with all said here.

The amount of times I and my other half have tried to get credit/re mortgage and been turned down is unbelievable!

Yet there s a guy I know who has never worked a day in his life, has 3 kids, no prospect (or aspirations!!) of getting employment, and he s living in a nice 3 bed house on a nice estate, and getting 300 smackers a week to sit on his arse all day!!!

When we first started looking for a loan, we were held back by the credit scores.

mainly because apparently there was "another" person with my or the other halves name "somewhere" else in the world that had a bad score!!!

And they thought it was us!!

Ive never been to bloody Gibraltar!!!

I dont even have a passport, how the hell did I get there?????????

It cost us a small fortune sorting out everything on the credit ref.

One of them charged me 6 to tell me that I wasnt who I said I was!!!

When I finally sorted it out and they believed that I was me, I asked for my money back, and got told "No chance".And promtly got charged another 6 for them to tell me that I was me!!!!!!

Bloody pathetic.

Another thing about all this "security" thing, is when I get one of these business calls on the home phone (Im signed up to the barring service....doesnt always work lol), they ask me for my name date of birth, and postcode!...

"sorry, who is calling?" I ask.

"Bloggs and Bingley loan sharks sir"

"And who is it you are trying to call?"

"I cant tell you that sir, its the data protection act"

"Can you tell me what its about then?"

"Oh no sir, I cant discuss any details without knowing who you are!
Unless you give me the details I require i will have to terminate this call""

"WHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAT????, you bloody well called ME!"

Sorry.....its just a tad annoying eh?

Larry

Lazarus
Hi All,
BadPegPicker Know what you mean about people doing feff all&getting all the benefitswhile i was up the town yesterday met a fellow who go over the club hes spent every penny he got over a bar pi**ed up all the time he gets the maximum pension credit because he's got feff all saved .
Here's my wife& myself being penalised because we have not done the same managed to save a bit.It makes you wonder sometimes doesn't it
Just spent all morning filling in all the paperwork downloading up to date bank statements etc for noseybarsetwards at the pension credit service .
Phoning them to make sure ive everything right , got onto someone a man this time who new what i was going through &what was needed&what i needed send&how to send it &what to put in to letter.
Instead of a young girl's who really got no idea waht your on about.
Just crossed all eye's&dotted all the tee's. need buy a full scap envelope now &get it all the post in the morning . Probably cost a couple of quid to send it.

Last edited:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by Larry:

Spent all morning up the town getting all the info they want from banks&building society,s.

It's not as though you had anything else to do though anyway [:p]

Beebs

Originally posted by Dave

Originally posted by Larry:

Spent all morning up the town getting all the info they want from banks&building society,s.

It's not as though you had anything else to do though anyway [:p]

Exactly. You'd think he'd be pleased to have something to do to fill the time in his day wouldn't you?

There really is no pleasing some people.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
And to think that some poor unfortunate sods have to do that as their job - day in day out
Larry's only had half a day doing it and already it's peeing him of [:D][:eek:)]

Can't the over 60's get a grant for envelopes and stamps anyway?

Larry

Lazarus
Dave&Beeb,
Your right my mates i wasn't doing anything else just that i'm getting about peed off of filling in forms in for nosey government departments. But i think i can take to this life of leisure spending all day on the computer browsing angling forums &what else comes up.Umph don't think theres an allowance yet for stamps. But do get free prescriptions &i can get a free bus pass.Now weathers warming up have to get my fishing tackle sorted it will be hard deciding where to go fishing everyday while You &Beebs are toiling away to pays the taxes that'll pay mine &wifes pension credit &pension when get our pension's very good of you.
Bl**dy hell the wifes just bought me a nice corned &beef&mature cheese sandwich on crusty wholemeal bread &acouple of bottles of real ale Caledonian Gold organic ale&brakspeare gold organic beer.Just looking on the net thinking of booking a weeks holiday to Gran Canaria got some great deals at the moment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.