IT Help again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I couldn`t load pictures from the wife`s phone although the computer recognised it. Turns out the cable was a charge only cable
not a data cable. Bought correct cable {thirty bob} and bingo.

emmaemma

Site Supporter
I have an old phone, a Samsung S4, and for me to connect to the PC, I need an app on the phone and PC which pairs them up so I can see the phone in windows explorer to transfer any files . Google the make/model of your phone to connect to a pc.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I couldn`t load pictures from the wife`s phone although the computer recognised it. Turns out the cable was a charge only cable
not a data cable. Bought correct cable {thirty bob} and bingo.
Lord Pomp has proven once again that his claim of being the 'cleverest dick and smartest arse' on the forum is correct.

Thanks mate, tried a different lead and everything is wonderful. :band::beer-toast1::band:

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I had a laptop that was somewhat slow and unresponsive, being the mild mannered and patient type, I launched it across the room in a fit of pique and the screen was defunct.

I bought a new one, used a heard drive reader to take off the important stuff from the FUBAR’d hard drive and happy days, all was well in the computer world.

I am still convinced the bloody things have a built in obsolescence.

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
just tried a memory stick in the same USB port and PC picked it up straight away, this leads me to believe something in the phone settings is preventing it. I went into settings and then connections; Wi Fi is on, Phone visibility is on, NFC and payment is on, location is on and Nearby device scanning is on; everything else is off. Am I missing something?
Is the light on. You may have a power cut.???

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I assumed you were using the same lead that you used when it initially worked

Were you using the Dog's lead when it didn't ?

:)

Total

Site Supporter
I've never had a phone that used (data/charging) two leads to connect to a computer.....Learn something new every day...:)

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I assumed you were using the same lead that you used when it initially worked

Were you using the Dog's lead when it didn't ?

:)
Joking apart mate. I thought it was the same lead as before, the problem is, we have so many different leads and I did not realise that they were different.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've never had a phone that used (data/charging) two leads to connect to a computer.....Learn something new every day...:)

You don't use two leads, it's the difference in types of lead you can use.

Basically a cheap lead often supplied with earlier dated phones will not work fully with newer phones. They might be good for a trickle charge but no good for fast charging or data transfers

Sort out the old leads Dave, bag them up and stick them in the loft or somewhere 'just in case'

Chervil

Site Supporter
@Dave Spence, I saw this and thought of you. But then decided I really like it, so may have to get one. I can imaging walking around, with the mobile in a pocket, talking on it, especially at college. It would also drive my wife mad.

s-l640.jpg

They are cheaper on Amazon.

genesis

Site Supporter
Account Locked
I plugged my new smartphone into my laptop and it was recognised and allowed me to take pics off my phone and put them on my computer. Now, however, I plug in my phone and it does not show up on the pc at all. I've tried WD40 and a hammer but, for once, it hasn't worked :p
Are you on the Irish internet yet.