It’s Grim on the coast

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Have family that live in Tourist areas and the majority of work is seasonal, and to make things worse most of the homes are second homes.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Funny you say that, Shanklin is the warmest place in the UK.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Enjoy. Got to beat Blackpool or some other coastal places. :ROFLMAO::(

TrickyD

Site Supporter
The sad thing is , a lot of seaside towns are cheap to live in, so councils send a load of tenants to them, so you get an even poorer group of people living there so the areas go down further. StLeonards was a khazi .

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
A lot of ex cons are rehoused in holiday hotspots. New I.d and off to Blackpool they get sent. The idea is the high turn over of people won’t let people recognise the cons. So I’m told

crackatoa

Site Supporter
One of the reasons it happens in Blackpool is because of the amount of rooms available. The demise in the family holiday trade means that a lot of smaller Guest Houses, which there are lots of, have just become flats and bedsits.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Had to laugh when I saw the local paper with the lights switch on. Big uproar that Busted swore on stage. Local mayor saying “this is a family town, no need for that language in Blackpool”

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I live on fllod plain about 10 mile away from Mablethorpe. We used to come around here for our holidays when we were kids and loved it, I still love it now but it is rather deprived (apart from the farmers); oh, and teachers:p

crackatoa

Site Supporter
I live on fllod plain about 10 mile away from Mablethorpe. We used to come around here for our holidays when we were kids and loved it, I still love it now but it is rather deprived (apart from the farmers); oh, and teachers:p
I worked in Mablethorpe about 20 year ago. Only did a couple of weeks. It was winter time and I can only describe the place as shut. If I remember there was only one pub open, and that was only after 6pm

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
lmao hell no to Jaywick, St Osyth looks nice and i do like Walton on the naze or little clacton which is a lovely little village or even up towards Aldeburgh, all depends whats aviailable when i sell the house

Corn Master

Had to laugh when I saw the local paper with the lights switch on. Big uproar that Busted swore on stage. Local mayor saying “this is a family town, no need for that language in Blackpool”
It's a disgrace. Pay celebrities huge sums to switch on lights at Christmas but cut essential services like day centres and other needy causes