Issues with a Tackle(UK) shop

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
Good luck Nick, I hope this works in your favour and quickly! ? I’d imagine this whole thing has been very stressful.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
NIck if it does go to court and I hope it doesn't have to go that far, make sure yoi claim for the time you have spent in having to deal with all the correspondence. It may seem petty, but it isn't, when companies prepare legal cases administration costs related to the claim are always included.

I suspect that your claim has been dealt with by a junior member of staff, that simply sees a tracking number on a screen and that's the extent of their involvement. known as 'The computer says so, so it must be true syndrome'.

You would be amazed of the number of work e-mails I send, where the recipient simply replies, without fully reading all of the message and responding accordingly, and that is dealing with 'professional' property Surveyors.

Best of luck with recovering your money.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
To be honest, whilst wishing to remain impartial, the best advice I could give you before venturing down the court route bearing in mind you don't live in the UK so won't be able to personally attend without incurring massive costs, most of which you will not be able to claim back even if successful, is speak to a UK solicitor.

Give Andrew Settle a call and ask his advice...

@AndrewS

NickNewman

Thanks for the advice and the kind words. I hope it doesn't go that far, I trust PayPal will make the correct and lawful decision, but if I must I will certainly explore every legal avenue including the solicitor suggested. We also have a family solicitor who I believe would be the first port of call (well at least he would be the first port of call, I believe he has been soliciting our familial issues since my father became a sergeant many moons ago).

NickNewman

So, one final update from this debacle Absolutely astounded by the lack of consideration and understanding demonstrated by TackleUK, in addition to their incredible poor and impersonal way of dealing with this issue. I finally received my refund today, as of checking my bank account! It has been 4 long months, and I have had to report TackleUK to the police for fraud, I have had to consult all avenues of free legal advice, and I have spent many hours and sleepless nights (I wish this was an exaggeration) ensuring that all information presented was accurate and legal in case the issue was to proceed to court. The oddity of it all is that I am still considerably out of pocket. My return delivery cost me €77, the phone calls internationally to Paypal UK and tto tackleuk, the may hours spent on the phone, have cost me around €50, so in total around 130€ has been personal cost in addition to the stress and work on getting MY money back from these fraudsters.

Oddly, I had to return all items from the order in the end, including a used pole roller that I have been using for 4 months, that I will inevitably have to replace, along with the Hydro's that I had purchased for my new pole... these I will have to again purchase when I am ready to venture into the online market, with a credit card most likely after enduring this terrible and quite traumatic event. TackleUK are nothing short of a disgrace, in all I believe that one of two things occurred:

1. TackleUK did actually send the pole, but totally failed to insure the item and declare it's value knowingly, as when I was returning the items from my order to them upon PayPal's request I had to declare the entire value of the order (£2000) and thus pay €77 to send the package with signed evidence of delivery, signed evidence of sending, and signed evidence of receipt from UPS (who in all honesty were amazing, 3 days to return everything). The level of evidence I had to provide was surprising, pictures of everything, items within the package, pictures of the delivery label, pictures of all items received and packaging labels, I am just glad I was prepared. The item may then have been lost by DHL, however because TackleUK decided to send a £2000 item with some cheap combined tracking and 2 packages tracked to the same ID, it got lost, but they had no way to claim it back due to their error and lack of intuition to be perfectly honest... they then took this out on the customer as they only had a single tracking number which stated 'delivered', even though the dimensions made it IMPOSSIBLE for the pole to have been delivered in the package that had arrived. This is still FRAUD!

2. They never sent the pole, they could not provide individual tracking for it, there is no evidence of it ever being sent. I had problems with previous orders and have been persistent at requesting refunds and have sent items back at my own considerable cost (From Finland), including faulty items, thus they knowing committed fraud. Someone, somewhere stole it. TackleUK FAILED to ensure that their expensive item was to be sent via a reliable means with individual tracking and insure MY product. It may well be speculation, but this seems to be set up for disaster. Knowing that sending 2 items with the SAME tracking would inevitably lead to a 'delivered' confirmation, it may well be a case of in house theft as well as company fraud!

Anyway, for anyone wanting to deal with TackleUK.....just DON'T!!!! I cannot stress enough how much of a failure this company has been to me over the past 4 months, and how traumatic this ordeal has been. I stopped fishing early over the winter not due to weather, but due to the negative association I now have with fishing and personal loss. I am now insecure ordering things of value online and from the UK. In light of Brexit, this company really put the UK to shame, at a time when we are all lesser off, we all need a helping hand and we could all do with a bit of belief in humanity and each other.

Make sure you photograph everything. Make sure you order expensive items individually, NO COMBINED TRACKING! After 30 days, request a refund, it is your consumer right to do so. Any delay will only negatively influence the proceedings in obtaining a refund. If you deal with PayPal, CALL THEM! I would have lost this case on a 'item not received' basis due to their fraudulent tracking evidence. Oh, and purchase with CREDIT CARD. I must lick my wounds but celebrate that the little guy actually got the legal and fair decision in his favor, with the law behind him, despite whatever these fraudsters tried to pull! Now knowing my refund is in my account, I will certainly be sending a few reviews to whatever review services the internet provides.

Thank you all once again for your kind words and advice. I will now see how I go about repurchasing the items that I had intended to have already obtained back in July!

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
A great result in the end Nick, even though you are out of pocket by 130 euros . There are some very good tackle shops here in the Uk. Bobco , Nathan’s , Total Fishing and Hull angling are just a few I have dealt with, and have all been faultless. I’m sure anyone of them would be pleased to help you out with a new pole purchase.

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter
Slightly off topic Nick but whats the coarse fishing like in Finland ? I suspect their isn't a lot of pole fishing , or commercial fisheries ?

NickNewman

Slightly off topic Nick but whats the coarse fishing like in Finland ? I suspect their isn't a lot of pole fishing , or commercial fisheries ?
Very limited, but competitive fishing is popular in my local area of Tampere. Fortunately this area has a few lakes with carp, however elsewhere they are more of a thing of myth or legend, secrets kept by the real 'carp' anglers as they are very large fish and very very few. The culture is very much an 'eat what you catch' and rarely is it understood when I release the fish ?. I still very much enjoy our local lake and will happily write a review here in the coming months if anyone is interested!

If you like natural waters full of surprises, then Finland is quite a dream. People mostly first for predatory fish, as they do taste better in fairness, tho I wouldn't even contemplate eating carp, much rather care for them.

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
After all that, 130 euros seems a small fee to pay.
Have been wondering how you'd gotten on with this situation Nick, Thanks for the update and of course - Congratulations.
Connor

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter
Very limited, but competitive fishing is popular in my local area of Tampere. Fortunately this area has a few lakes with carp, however elsewhere they are more of a thing of myth or legend, secrets kept by the real 'carp' anglers as they are very large fish and very very few. The culture is very much an 'eat what you catch' and rarely is it understood when I release the fish ?. I still very much enjoy our local lake and will happily write a review here in the coming months if anyone is interested!

If you like natural waters full of surprises, then Finland is quite a dream. People mostly first for predatory fish, as they do taste better in fairness, tho I wouldn't even contemplate eating carp, much rather care for them.

A review would be good ?

NickNewman

A review would be good ?
Speaking of reviews, every time I write a review on Trustpilot, no matter how vague I write negatively about TackleUK it gets removed from applying to their rating? I believe they have the power to report negative reviews and have them removed even if they are genuine? That surely explains their score, what an absolute fraud of a review system that is? I am a little surprised that 'Trustpilot' is so antidemocratic to be perfectly honest, it even says I can reply to their email if I oppose, but not a single reply and I just realized that all 4 of my negative reviews had been challenged and removed from their overall rating. Overall I made 4 orders, 1 review per order, every order had issues and the overall experience particularly in light of my pole issue was taken into consideration.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter

will look forward to a tale of fishing Finnish waters, you probably have more lakes than land !

do you ever go after the arctic char ?

Rick123

Site Supporter
I'm not hopeful for you sorry. All the sellers have to prove is delivery of an item, then say that was the item delivered. I had the same thing with a net, the tracking said it had arrived, but there was nothing in our safe place. The shop told me they had tracking to say it was delivered, as did Pay-pal. I did not have a leg to stand on. Please feedback to us all, this information helps us, even though its a pain for you?

Rick123

Site Supporter
Yes, e-mails are fine for evidence. You may have some luck in finding the correct packaging then the length etc. That would prove a smaller or larger package arrived instead or the pole in question?

Rick123

Site Supporter
Yes, the issue is the tracking number is the same, and it shows 8.4kg stuck in Hamburg Germany on 13.8.2020, it still shows that. The next information I received shows a 4.95kg package, scanned using the same tracking code, appearing to leave Germany 3 weeks later and arriving at my door. This concern I raised with TackleUK however the tracking information is all they have of whatever package they sent. At no point does it even show 2 packages were sent, just one. Initially it's 8.4kg, then delivered at 4.95kg, however nothing has been removed and the package is sealed and too small to contain a pole.

Rick123

Site Supporter
Sorry Nick, did not see this post of yours, it seems you have the evidence and it was stolen (as two of my rods were) in transit. Having that information should allow Pay-Pal support your claim. Best wishes. If you look at my thread, you will see I had two rods stolen, but got full compensation IN THE END?

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter
Sorry Nick, did not see this post of yours, it seems you have the evidence and it was stolen (as two of my rods were) in transit. Having that information should allow Pay-Pal support your claim. Best wishes. If you look at my thread, you will see I had two rods stolen, but got full compensation IN THE END?
Wek up at back :)

NickNewman

A great result in the end Nick, even though you are out of pocket by 130 euros . There are some very good tackle shops here in the Uk. Bobco , Nathan’s , Total Fishing and Hull angling are just a few I have dealt with, and have all been faultless. I’m sure anyone of them would be pleased to help you out with a new pole purchase.
Nathan's had one in stock and over the phone they seemed extremely helpful and genuine. Not sure why they have sold recently, they were not on black Friday offers but they seem to have vanished from stock. Therefore, they got my custom before the customs hit! Thank you for your recommendation, here is hoping for a smooth transaction. I actually chose my own delivery terms and payed a bit more, but if rather that than the absolute farce I had to endure with that fraudulent company TackleUK!
will look forward to a tale of fishing Finnish waters, you probably have more lakes than land !

do you ever go after the arctic char ?
Sadly not, I'm not much for Predator fishing, it is extremely repetitive for me and I'm not much for killing fish anyway, nor eating them. Smoked or cold smoked salmon, cured Zander or salmon (rainbow trout are very similar), once a month and over Christmas does the job perfectly. Otherwise I'd prefer sushi! ?. I still have a freezer draw full of big perch from my father in law's messing with nets (really not my kind of fishing) from our families Lapland cottage. Not a fan of them at all, bones galore!
Wek up at back :)
Hahaha, quoting is actually complicated on this site for some reason it took me a while to get used to too ??