Issues with a Tackle(UK) shop

Freesolo82

Site Supporter
I'm sorry to hear of your issues with them I have had a problem with them earlier this month also and dont trust them anymore. I ordered a acolyte 13ft off them on the 14th because it was cheapest on the net then they canceled the order on the 16th and my money is in limbo for 7 days till I got it back, the whole situation didn't bother me too much if I'm honest but I don't believe they have any of the items to sell at the prices they show, I think these prices are just to get you on the website and they hope you buy a discount acolyte plus other things and they refund your money for the acolyte and your left paying full whack for all the other things you buy in the same order.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I have no idea how many orders were sent as split consignments Dave. I didn't send them, the tracking from TackleUK is terrible, rather, they do not provide EU deliveries with ANY tracking at all! The tracking information was received via my local post office in Finland, which is absolutely brilliant. I'm not sure what the is to be confused about. The pole was ordered as part of a bulk order, the pole did not arrive in that order. I had presumed it was due to length, but I have not received any tracking information regarding the pole. I ordered 4 orders from the current during 3 weeks or so. The package they claim they sent the pole with was too small, they also claimed a 'combined tracking' which I did not even know existed, yet only 1 package arrived and not 2. Yes it seems it will become a fraudulent claim, however it clearly states on PayPal ' I have not received an item' when opening a dispute, therefore I saw no reason not to pursue this as an item not received claim. After all, the tracking they have provided did not contain my pole, I have evidence that it was from an entirely different order.

That's what I was trying to get my head around, so you placed four orders in total? Or did you place one big order and the pole was part of that and you received the umbrella and landing net handle and the pole was sent in a separate parcel but not received?

NickNewman

That's what I was trying to get my head around, so you placed four orders in total? Or did you place one big order and the pole was part of that and you received the umbrella and landing net handle and the pole was sent in a separate parcel but not received?
I ordered 4 separate orders due to the size of the orders. I had ordered a g90 which had to be cancelled in an order previous due to having to wait so long. Therefore, I ordered more bits and bobs along with the pole...which did not arrive with the rest of the order. I had then ordered a new landing net handle as the one I had was shocking and an umbrella for the terrible weather that was due...for some reason TackleUK thought to 'bundle' the pole with that order without taping the parcels together, just throwing two packages into one tracking code - as previously stated I was not even aware that this was a thing...especially with the difference in value between the two, and what if one gets lost???

Anyhow, neither they nor I have evidence that they even sent the pole apart from the weight discrepancy of the original tracking info - again- that was not provided by TackleUK but instead by my local post offices automated system. I don't even know how it works but when a parcel is scanned in Europe, I get an automated message about an incoming parcel. Whiteout this system i would have zero tracking or weight info. I phoned them again today and they are very much non compliant, they cannot proved any evidence to me that they sent the pole apart from that tracking code, which is the package I received...it just however the tracking for another order. Here's hoping Paypal sort this out. TackleUK have acknowledged that the parcel hadn't arrived and were asking DHL to investigate, however DHL kept coming back and saying 'the package was delivered'. 'A package' was delivered, just not my pole package! Absolutely diabolical customer consideration, even though they have no evidence of delivery and I have submitted my evidence to trading standards, ECA and themselves showing that the delivery did not contain my pole.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Thanks, that makes it a lot clearer.

As a matter of interest what was the difference in weight between what was provided by your local post office's system, and what you received?

NickNewman

The weight difference was 3.45kg. you wouldn't happen to have someone who could weigh a whisker x plus more power package would you? I'm guessing this is the exact weight of the pole and the more power kit plus the bag it comes in. Also the length of the butt section, I'm guessing it could not fit in a 1.52m x22cm x12cm parcel correct??

nejohn

Site Supporter
The weight difference was 3.45kg. you wouldn't happen to have someone who could weigh a whisker x plus more power package would you? I'm guessing this is the exact weight of the pole and the more power kit plus the bag it comes in. Also the length of the butt section, I'm guessing it could not fit in a 1.52m x22cm x12cm parcel correct??
I would contact Daiwa and explain the situation they will be able to give weights and dimensions of the pole package that they supply

NickNewman

I have just sent them a contact request asking them for information regarding the pole. I hope that they can assist me further. It is such a shame, as previously mentioned, this pole was meant to be a lasting memory, a last gift perhaps from my inheritance from my late grandmother (Oma). It's especially sad in that regard the lack of haste, concern and empathy with regards to my situation exhibited by TackleUK.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It is such a shame, as previously mentioned, this pole was meant to be a lasting memory, a last gift perhaps from my inheritance from my late grandmother (Oma). It's especially sad in that regard the lack of haste, concern and empathy with regards to my situation exhibited by TackleUK.

Please tell me you didn't use that in your discussions with them?
(I'm not disputing what you wrote just that if someone said that to me whilst trying to claim for a £2k pole they said they didn't receive, I'd be highly suspicious)

NickNewman

Please tell me you didn't use that in your discussions with them?
(I'm not disputing what you wrote just that if someone said that to me whilst trying to claim for a £2k pole they said they didn't receive, I'd be highly suspicious)
no I did not, but I find it highly concerning that you find that to be suspicious... in an age where people don't have much cash to splash around and may only do so on occasions whereby one falls into money or may be gifted. Compassion or empathy would be typical responses, not suspicion. I would think it is fairly common for people to splash out a little when they gain a small sum, particularly on the things they love (fishing) and in memory of those lost.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Fully sympathise with you Nick, on the face it of it Tackle (UK) are demanding that you prove a negative i.e that the pole wasn't delivered, which is impossible. The onus is on them to prove that the 'package containing the pole was delivered'. I had a bad experience with Tackle (UK) a few years ago, ordered online and paid only for them to say that some of the items on the order were not in stock. When the items they did have arrived a groundbait bucket was missing it's bowl and riddle, insult to injury. Never used them again.

As I see it there is only one qualifying issue - If Tackle (UK) cannot prove that the package containing the pole has arrived, then they should refund the money. Anything else is just clouding the issue and allowing confusion to creep in.

Do you have the packing / delivery note that should have been with the package you did receive ? If it doesn't have the pole on that, then that is the starting point.

Hope you get it resolved soon.

NickNewman

Yes, fortunately I had a suspicion that something was amiss when tracking information halted and I had to pursue the issue. When the package finally arrived I made sure that I had photographed and kept the packing labels for both packages. The pole is listed on the first order but not accounted for in the package, i.e. they had not marked it as contained within the package. Second package, that they are claiming the pole was sent with, had no pole listed and the contents are correct as per the packaging label, with photographic evidence proving so. I am just waiting to be able to send Paypal more evidence after contacting them this morning. It is rather odd that I cannot simply send them the required evidence.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
no I did not, but I find it highly concerning that you find that to be suspicious... in an age where people don't have much cash to splash around and may only do so on occasions whereby one falls into money or may be gifted. Compassion or empathy would be typical responses, not suspicion. I would think it is fairly common for people to splash out a little when they gain a small sum, particularly on the things they love (fishing) and in memory of those lost.

Nothing concerning about it, from a retailing point of view when someone uses points as such to try to resolve an issue, it is generally seen as suspicious.

Freesolo82

Site Supporter
These packages are tracked at every point they change hands and if the package was delivered to your door it would have been scanned, its that simple,
I'm not sure the pole package has a direct weight, but the original shipping tracking has 8.4kg, yet the received single package has a weight of 4.95kg and the dimensions are too small for the pole package.
So what you are saying is that only one package arrived? And the missing weight is your pole?

Unless the pole was packed inside one package it must have had its own box and would have been scanned numerous times on the way to Finland, it would be scanned by the driver when picked up at the depot and dropped off, its very hard to lose a parcel.

Do you have information that tells you all the times the pole was moved from packing in the UK to delivery?

NickNewman

Thanks, that makes it a lot clearer.

As a matter of interest what was the difference in weight between what was provided by your local post office's system, and what you received?

Nothing concerning about it, from a retailing point of view when someone uses points as such to try to resolve an issue, it is generally seen as suspicious.
Perhaps this is a more reflection on the state of society and retail in general, a problem if you wish, within society. An old man tells you he purchased a gift for his grandchild using the last of his pension for it, but it broke immediately, is suspicion is the immediate response upon return? There's no evidence of how it broke, but it did and there's a law for that. My pole hadn't arrived and there's no evidence of it, the reasoning for purchase is not of concern nor should it influence or create 'suspicion', there is also a law thankfully within the EU that supports my evidence. When we are not in the EU, then I hope people will have a little more compassion and empathy for others than we are currently seeing, if that truely is the normal reaction to someone explaining the significance of a purchase. Without that, what human aspect of customer service is left?? See TackleUK for reference here.

NickNewman

These packages are tracked at every point they change hands and if the package was delivered to your door it would have been scanned, its that simple,
So what you are saying is that only one package arrived? And the missing weight is your pole?

Unless the pole was packed inside one package it must have had its own box and would have been scanned numerous times on the way to Finland, it would be scanned by the driver when picked up at the depot and dropped off, its very hard to lose a parcel.

Do you have information that tells you all the times the pole was moved from packing in the UK to delivery?

Yes, the issue is the tracking number is the same, and it shows 8.4kg stuck in Hamburg Germany on 13.8.2020, it still shows that. The next information I received shows a 4.95kg package, scanned using the same tracking code, appearing to leave Germany 3 weeks later and arriving at my door. This concern I raised with TackleUK however the tracking information is all they have of whatever package they sent. At no point does it even show 2 packages were sent, just one. Initially it's 8.4kg, then delivered at 4.95kg, however nothing has been removed and the package is sealed and too small to contain a pole.

Freesolo82

Site Supporter
I understand mate sounds like it's been lost? I think it's going to be a case of going through either you bank or PayPal to get a refund if Tackleuk don't admit fault.

NickNewman

Thanks everyone for the support thus far by the way, it's fine to also show scepticism as I will need to prove my case either way. It just feels odd that I cannot submit evidence to PayPal, and have to wait for them to request it, but I guess that's a control of information procedure on their part. I'm hoping it is soon as I wish to order the pole, sadly it looks like I'm too late in the season to enjoy it now, it's already freezing over here at nights. My one top kit Shimano has done me proud for the last 20 years ?, using it doesn't bring me the same joy, one top kit really is not ideal.

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
Thanks everyone for the support thus far by the way, it's fine to also show scepticism as I will need to prove my case either way. It just feels odd that I cannot submit evidence to PayPal, and have to wait for them to request it, but I guess that's a control of information procedure on their part. I'm hoping it is soon as I wish to order the pole, sadly it looks like I'm too late in the season to enjoy it now, it's already freezing over here at nights. My one top kit Shimano has done me proud for the last 20 years ?, using it doesn't bring me the same joy, one top kit really is not ideal.

Let us know how you get on mate. I'm rooting for you and please remember to contact the bank!
Connor

NickNewman

Just a quick update. I am still awaiting a PayPal decision. I actually had to file an official criminal action with the police against TackleUK for fraud and non-delivery. They seem to be suggesting they have evidence of delivery, but I am non the wiser as to what kind of proof that is apart from the original tracking number, which was evidently the delivery package for another order. It frightens me to think that these companies only need a random tracking number, one that neither conforms to the weight nor dimensions of the original item ordered, to uphold a case and force an individual into legal action.

Thank you for suggesting contacting Daiwa directly (whoever it was). The lady who replied to me was incredibly helpful and supplied me with the weight and length of the pole package, minus some power top kits (so a little less than exact), which turned out to be 200cm lengthwise and over 6.7kg in weight, totally out of proportion to the package that I had received, however I am uncertain if emails are considered reliable as evidence as I had read somewhere that they are not, I sent them anyway. Here's hoping the evidence is considered legitimate, as there is so much of it. Just frustrating that I have had to go through so much to get MY money back from this fraudulent company.