Issues with a Tackle(UK) shop

NickNewman

So, I believe that some may have been aware of my discussions as to which pole I should purchase during the summer, with a few recommending a Daiwa whisker X over a G90 that I was told wouldn't be in store until September. I ordered from TackleUK, with delivery to Finland being affordable and the delivery times acceptable. Yet here I am, still without a pole, and so far without a refund.

TackleUK have claimed that they sent the pole via combined tracking with another order... Yet only one package arrived. Long story short, they have not refunded me (yet), and I was keen to wait in the hope this would be resolved, but now I would rather a refund. DHL have claimed the item was delivered, well... One package was, with the tracking showing 'a package' was delivered. There is no connection between the pole and this package however, no initial tracking was provided, and there no evidence of a combined delivery, except evidence of weight discrepancy between the original tracking info that I receive automatically from my local (Finnish) post office system whenever I'm expecting a package from anywhere in the world pretty much, and the package that finally arrived (after being lost once she then found).

So, I have an open dispute with PayPal and have provided the invoice as evidence, however do you have any advice on how to go about this? I'm extremely disappointed with TackleUK, they had assured me if I didn't receive it they would send another, but I waited and waited, 3 months on I have nothing and they don't seem in a hurry to reimburse my losses. I have all of the evidence, packaging receipt, weight, tracking info of the original 'combined' packaging and the single package received, again just so disappointed that one of my two suppliers may be deemed untrustworthy and looking to prolong my suffering rather than looking after a long time customer.

Thanks

Nick

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
Did they not insure such a valuable item, knowing it was going so far and crossing many borders. Tracking stuff in this country shows items being picked up, arriving at area depot , going onto central hub, leaving central hub to delivery depot, checked in the delivery depot, loaded onto van for delivery. It must have be even worse for oversea.
sorry to hear of your problems and hope you get it sorted soon.

rd115

Non-catcher of Barbel
Site Supporter
Did you use a credit card through PayPal? Or PayPal credit itself? There would be extra avenues to pursue in those instances.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Have you tried calling them +441935388554
Sometimes talking to the supplier helps to resolve an issue

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
When in a Paypal dispute, It's best to provide and build the biggest case against the other party with as much proof as you can throw at them.

The main problem you're facing right now is that TackleUK have claimed they've sent the Pole in a combined order, And you've received the order with confirmed tracking. Your best bet would have been to just decline the order upon delivery if you were blatantly missing the fishing pole. This could be the one thing that really screws you over in this case.

*Misread post*

Did the money come directly from Paypal, Or did it come from Your bank > Paypal > TackleUK Paypal?

If so that might be your saving grace. Head down to your bank and file a claim.

Last edited:

NickNewman

Have you tried calling them +441935388554
Sometimes talking to the supplier helps to resolve an issue
Yes, I've been in contact with them for 2 months over it. It was lost, then found, then delivered to my door with no signature. There is no proof I received it except that a guy dropped off a parcel.

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
Another thing you've got on your side is the receipt, Which shows the original order and the weight.

Lets assume you purchased 2 things

1 Bag which weighs 1KG
2 Bait tubs which weigh 500g
You only receive 1KG worth of stuff, It's obvious you're missing something the two bait tubs.

Point this out on the dispute. Make sure Paypal knows what should weigh what individually (Direct Links to the item which shows net weight) then show them the receipts + the labels which confirm the full weight wasn't received in the order.

NickNewman

When in a Paypal dispute, It's best to provide and build the biggest case against the other party with as much proof as you can throw at them.

The main problem you're facing right now is that TackleUK have claimed they've sent the Pole in a combined order, And you've received the order with confirmed tracking. Your best bet would have been to just decline the order upon delivery if you were blatantly missing the fishing pole. This could be the one thing that really screws you over in this case.

Right now it's your word against theirs. They're a big, trusted company and you're a random person. As much as it sucks, Paypal are probably going to side with them on this occasion unless you can start amounting some serious proof against them.

Did the money come directly from Paypal, Or did it come from Your bank > Paypal > TackleUK Paypal?

If so that might be your saving grace. Head down to your bank and file a claim.

It was not a combined order, I did not request it being combined, it was 2 separate orders. Actually the first order arrived without a pole, proof within the packing note. The second package they claimed they had sent the pole with it, but again packing note says no pole, only the contents of my second order. So no pole to be seen.

I payed via my bank via PayPal, I also have all images and evidence, however I'm limited what I can send to PayPal. They no longer slow you to upload a load of evidence it seems. Just the invoice to begin the claim, nothing after (yet).

NickNewman

Another thing you've got on your side is the receipt, Which shows the original order and the weight.

Lets assume you purchased 2 things

1 Bag which weighs 1KG
2 Bait tubs which weigh 500g
You only receive 1KG worth of stuff, It's obvious you're missing something the two bait tubs.

Point this out on the dispute. Make sure Paypal knows what should weigh what individually (Direct Links to the item which shows net weight) then show them the receipts + the labels which confirm the full weight wasn't received in the order.
I'm not sure the pole package has a direct weight, but the original shipping tracking has 8.4kg, yet the received single package has a weight of 4.95kg and the dimensions are too small for the pole package.

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
It was not a combined order, I did not request it being combined, it was 2 separate orders. Actually the first order arrived without a pole, proof within the packing note. The second package they visioned they had sent a pole with it, but again packing note says no pole, only the contents of my second order. So no pole to be seen.

I posted via my bank via PayPal, I also have all images and evidence, however I'm limited what I can send to PayPal. They no longer slow you to upload a load of evidence it seems. Just the invoice to begin the claim, nothing after (yet).
It's impossible for you to lose this claim via Paypal, And they should have you covered.

Phone Paypal. Give them your case number and tell them you have evidence against TackleUK that can't be disputed but you're unable to upload the evidence because their system doesn't allow it. They'll give you an email to send the evidence to which they'll look at. Also mention on the phone that you'll be contacting your bank regarding this, This'll get them really flustered because its Paypal's worst nightmare.

Then just go to your bank regardless with the proof and get them to deal with it. Either TackleUK will be held accountable (Probably in this case) or Paypal will pay out from their own pocket (Very doubtful).

Regardless, You will get your money back.

Edit; If anything like this happens again don't wait so long in future to raise a claim. The first sign of incompetence / blagging or prolonged promises from these types of companies should be immediately dealt with by either reporting it to your bank or opening Paypal disputes.

rudd

Site Supporter
Throw consumer contracts regulations - Delivery at them.
Ask for a signed - (by yourself as consignee of goods) proof of delivery.

NickNewman

Throw consumer contracts regulations - Delivery at them.
Ask for a signed - (by yourself as consignee of goods) proof of delivery.
Definitely. Interestingly in Finland, we provide ID for packages or a signature. Neither were asked for, and I did not sign for the package. I found the entire experience unusual, I had presumed the package contained my pole, sadly it did not.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
How could you presume a package contains a pole if it wasn't say over a metre long at least.

NickNewman

How could you presume a package contains a pole if it wasn't say over a metre long at least.
Dimensions were 1.54m X 22cm X 12cm.

Theoretically it could have been, as I said the guy just dropped it off. I was not to know that I should have expected 2 packages, that information was provided after I enquired as to where my pole was (for a second time). When opened, it contained only my Preston umbrella and my parabolix landing net handle. I don't believe, however, this package is large enough to hold a 16m pole and 8 additional kits.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I would see if you can get the length of the longest section of the pole, my guess is that it will be nearer 2 metres long in which case it could not possibly fit into the parcel you had delivered, a call to Daiwa might be good and get them to put the section lengths on an email which would all help

guitarslinger

Tackle UK!!!! ?? Oh Dear.
The advice to press Via Pay Pal is best. It’s designed for this sort of thing. Having delivery notes with the pole not being ticked off will be good evidence. Did you take pictures of the packages shortly after opening etc?
A few of us have learned to give this company a wide berth, sadly. Hope it all gets sorted one way or another anyway.

NickNewman

Tackle UK!!!! ?? Oh Dear.
The advice to press Via Pay Pal is best. It’s designed for this sort of thing. Having delivery notes with the pole not being ticked off will be good evidence. Did you take pictures of the packages shortly after opening etc?
A few of us have learned to give this company a wide berth, sadly. Hope it all gets sorted one way or another anyway.

Yes fortunately I did. PayPal have suggested I change the claim to 'significantly not as described' as apparently providing any tracking information that states 'a package', literally any package was received is enough for 'item not received' evidence from the seller. Be very wary of this company sending you packages without you knowing what is included within the package!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm getting a bit confused here, how many orders did you place with the company, and how many were received.
How many of those orders were sent as a split consignment, ie parcel 1 of 2, parcel 2 of 2

Also, to change a claim to ''significantly not as described' implies you received something, yet if you were expecting what you received perhaps as one of your orders then that becomes a fraudulent claim does it not as effectively you received that item as described.

NickNewman

I have no idea how many orders were sent as split consignments Dave. I didn't send them, the tracking from TackleUK is terrible, rather, they do not provide EU deliveries with ANY tracking at all! The tracking information was received via my local post office in Finland, which is absolutely brilliant. I'm not sure what the is to be confused about. The pole was ordered as part of a bulk order, the pole did not arrive in that order. I had presumed it was due to length, but I have not received any tracking information regarding the pole. I ordered 4 orders from the current during 3 weeks or so. The package they claim they sent the pole with was too small, they also claimed a 'combined tracking' which I did not even know existed, yet only 1 package arrived and not 2. Yes it seems it will become a fraudulent claim, however it clearly states on PayPal ' I have not received an item' when opening a dispute, therefore I saw no reason not to pursue this as an item not received claim. After all, the tracking they have provided did not contain my pole, I have evidence that it was from an entirely different order.