Is your car incompatible?

Robwooly

Will this be like the lead replacement petrol - stealthily messing up your engine whilst claiming that it's still compatible ?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Actually it's the other way around. E10 doesn't produce emissions like petrol.
How long have we known this ? That would be a better alternative to batteries wouldn’t it ? My aunt has had a battery car for six months and it goes back next week. She’s traded it in. She’s got fed up with constantly looking at the battery level. 🤷‍♂️

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
How long have we known this ? That would be a better alternative to batteries wouldn’t it ? My aunt has had a battery car for six months and it goes back next week. She’s traded it in. She’s got fed up with constantly looking at the battery level. 🤷‍♂️
I can't help but think that as the years go by people will realise why battery operated vehicles - they've been around a long time. Harrods used battery driven delivery vans between 1919 and 1970 - aren't necessarily the best option.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I can't help but think that as the years go by people will realise why battery operated vehicles - they've been around a long time. Harrods used battery driven delivery vans between 1919 and 1970 - aren't necessarily the best option.
A niece of mine did a project at school whereby the teacher showed the effects of pressurised water. I think they went into the playground and used this compressed water to propel a rocket and a kiddies car. I couldn’t help but think that if we could only develop something like that what a revelation that would be. Not me. I’m as thick as two short planks but, I’m hopeful someone out there in the world develops that idea.

TonyA

Site Supporter
I must be losing it.
I read all of this thread and wondered if my car was compatible. I even went to the official website to use their checker - no my car wasn't there and it is not compatible - then I realised that my car is a bl**dy diesel!