is this why we don't catch any fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Lazarus
Datafile4.jpg

is this you Dave your to tight to by real bait u use artificial instead.Because you need all your lass needs all your money for the W--l----r for the d---------g .LOL

Datafile2.jpg

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

Slick

'eyebrows'
Larry I think we must be mentally in tune as you posted this I was typing a similar post about reasons (excuses) for blanking [:)][:)][:)]

Datafile3.asp

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
There's nowt fake about my bait Larry, just ask Stu about the maggots that are still in my fridge from 5 weeks ago [:D] - I can't let them go to waste can I lol

Dave
Datafile2.asp

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Honest Mark I'm doing it as an experiment [;)]

I'm trying to see how long you can keep maggots in a fridge without resorting to freezing them. The control is turned down to the point where they are inanimate but not frozen.

Come to think of it it's more than likely cost more in electricity than what they are worth - then again the missus pays the 'lekky bill blahblah.gif

Dave
Datafile2.asp

Larry

Lazarus
Dave
i'll try that also got nearly 2 pints left from semmer.

Datafile2.asp

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

TINY

Tiny
Dave....I managed to keep maggots in my bait fridge at home for nearly 6 1/2 weeks before they gave up the ghost and became maggot sludge.[xx(]
It`s a very fine line between ice burning them and making them inanimate[:p]

Andy.
Datafile3.asp

STAFFS ANGLING SUPPLIES

norm

tiny
i think that is how long some of the tackle shops around our area must have them in there fridge

Datafile3.asp

angler-mark

quote:Originally posted by Dave

Honest Mark I'm doing it as an experiment [;)]
I'm trying to see how long you can keep maggots in a fridge without resorting to freezing them. The control is turned down to the point where they are inanimate but not frozen.

Dave,
I tried the same experiment and managed to keep them just under 5 weeks and the were still ok for fishing [:D][:D][:D]. I'm like you, I'm frugle with my money, not tight [;)][;)][;)]

Tight Lines

Mark

dolph.gif

Roppa

You're not wrong there norm. Most tackle shops up here get a maggot delivery once per week. I sometimes used to go to Daves of Middlewich (when we fished that area) we used to buy YESTERDAYS maggots half price. Wonder what our southern counterparts would do if they had to put up with our supplies.

Slick

'eyebrows'
I dont keep the maggots in the fridge, and keep them for about 4 weeks, the only problem is catching them with a net before fishing [;)][;)][;)]

Datafile3.asp

hoppy

hoppy
LARRY!! got nearly 2 pints left from summer!!!
Thats over 8 months ago.... PHEW drooling.gif

"Take your time, but hurry up"

Status
Not open for further replies.