Is this safe? Covid and 72 hours?

Zerkalo

Was meant to be doing a checkout inspection at a property today but the agent just called me and says the tenant has Covid. She said she wants to rebook it for Monday. I asked if that was going to be safe and she said yes as you only need to give 72 hours. I'm not so sure?

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
sounds dodgy to me, she will still have the lurgey

thought the 72 hour thing was just on surfaces not humans

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
A minimum of 72 hours is the guideline to let everything settle and die off.

Apart from the PPE ensure when you get there you open all windows and doors to allow the air to circulate.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
If you’re going to clean up and mask up I’d be tempted to wait another 48hr and then you’d know your safe enough. It only takes a second to open a door then pick your nose and boom you have it 🤢

Deejay8

Site Supporter
72 hours should be fine, but I would make sure that I wore plenty of pep and wear gloves, a mask worn with a visor is a good idea, mainly because it stops you touching your face. Ideally the property should be sanitised by a cleaner, as the tennant was a confirmed Covid case. I clean holiday lets with just an hour between the guests leaving and me starting. But I am able to sanitise my way into the property by spraying surfaces with V1 Anti Covid spray. If a guest has confirmed Covid, then we have to get a Fogging machine to sanitise the property before we start. Luckily it hasn't happened to me yet.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Don't forget the quoted survival times for the virus on various surfaces is measured under laboratory conditions.

In real life it will be considerably less.

Simon

pies

Site Supporter
Get the seller to draw all curtains blinds etc. This will let more light in. UV is a good killer of covid

Zerkalo

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to see if I can postpone it for as long as possible. On the last point, the street name is ironically Darklands Road. 😆

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
There has been a lot of research into catching the virus off sports equipment or similar and the conclusion was that the risk is minimal.