Is there such a thing????

Fartacus

Site Supporter
Is there such a thing as a pellet band that you can hook directly to the hook to create a hair rig??
I fancy trying spade end hooks with 8mm pellets.

Fartacus

Site Supporter
Why didn't i think of that DOH and thanks for posting and replying gents.

Browner

Site Supporter
3 other options.
D718B32D-C3F1-4BCB-8B47-29ACB0DADD38.jpeg

FishingNewbie

Why didn't i think of that DOH and thanks for posting and replying gents.
I don't claim to be an expert and It's only my personal view, but I don't think many of us use hair rigged banded pellets to 'fool' carp like the specimen carp anglers do, so we don't often use a long soft hair for bait presentation.
Many of us only use the band as a method to attach an 'non-hookable' pellet and would prefer to hook pellets directly (if they could), as they usually do with hookable pellets such as Fjuka, expanders, etc
Generally, I swap from hooked expanders to banded hard pellets when the fish are crazy fighting for the bait, and missing bites on expanders means being slowed down from rebaiting all the time.
So, unless i'm out & out crazy carp hard pellet fishing, I'd hook the band instead to give me bait swap options without having to set up multiple rigs or change hook lengths between baits.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
I sometimes use these, they do (or did) do different sizes
Sadly discontinued a few years back. In the same era, Greys produced quite a lot of very good small tackle items (tackle/bait boxes, scissors, baiting tools, terminal tackle etc) that were largely ignored by anglers.