Is there a God?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
Ive just had the pleasure of 2 old ladies (Jehovas Witnesses) telling me the error of my ways on my own doorstep. It was my fault I didnt see them coming.
I was dosing in the sunshine under my roses when they walked up the garden path past me without them initially seeing me.
I have a good sized notice on my door that clearly states.

NO SALES, NO CANVASSERS, YES THIS MEANS YOU.

However in their zeal to lead me unto the kingdom of heaven they chose to ignore it. Thats more than sodding British Gas dare do I can tell you.
Eldely ladies, and so I wasnt rude to them although after trying to shut them up and get them out for a good 10 minutes it came close.
One of them finaly said "You used to have a big rottweiller here , didnt you"?? I lied through my teeth. I said yes I still have. He is asleep in the front room. They looked at the wide open door and that did the trick. They went down the garden path like "Sylvester" when he is creeping past that bull dog without trying to wake him up on the tele.
They are all the same and all different arent they these religous bods. They all say you have got to go their way or you dont get in.
Mormons go on about this guy Joseph Smith, JWs reckon theres only room for so many thousand up there and everyone you meet reckons they are one of them. If that were me I wouldnt be out recruiting competition, would you??
The pentecostals teach you to play a mean tambourine and shake a mean leg. Ive been to a few of theirs. Good gig. They have these healers who touch you on your bonce and you "FALL OVER IN THA POWER OF THE LAWD". Its a good laugh watching the nutters.
Personaly I dont know any more than any of you lot know. I think there is something that we arent aware of. I dont reckon its old JC and his cronies though but surely this isnt all for nothing is it?
I mean who teaches a bird to build a nest. Who teaches bees to make those smart arse honycombed Ikea type pads.
I once read that scientifically it is totally impossible for a bumble bee to fly, but nobody has told the bumble bee that and so he just gets on with it.
Do you reckon that once your partner passes on thats it. You never see each other again?
Whatever happens it must be good cos no bugger comes back do they.

crowder

you have to be a johovas witness, apparently johovas witnesses believe that after armageddon all johovas will rise again and dominate the earth[xx(]

phil-k

Nobody knows what happens when you die.
I think religion has come about as mankind has tried to find answers to this question.
I say if you don't know then admit you don't know, don't go making up stories.
Life is for the living and we should try to get on with each other as it makes it more pleasant while we are here.
I for one don't need to know why the sky is blue to appreciate its beauty.
Cheers
Phil

lurkio

A little dab'll do
Originally posted by BARRYBLOKE

Eldely ladies, and so I wasnt rude to them

Age and gender BB?

That's two laws you've broken right there, Sex Discrimination Act 1975 and Age Discrimination Act 2006.

Steady on fella. You could find yourself in court.

They have as much right to have you be rude to them as a young lad would. [:D]

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
[:D]Thats very philosophical Phil-K.
JWs coming back to rule the earth???? Wow that would be some blast wouldnt it???? Cant wait for that gig Mucker.
Tell you what though one thing they all have in common these religions, they all eventually want your brass.

MarkV

aka Tigerbay
Site Supporter
Cor.. you don't 'arf know how to pick the topics to get 'em going blokey ! [:D]

Well... i'm not sure if there is or there isn't but a couple of things really bother me about organised religions.

1. Most seem to be saying they are right, and by implication at least, everyone else is wrong. If you don't do it their way, you're no good. How do they know more than me or anyone else ?

2. If there is a 'God' i'm not sure i'm at all interested if he/she/it feels the need to be 'worshiped'.

3. Why does he/she/it have to be so mysterious and be understood through riddles etc. Nothing straightforward ?

Hmmm .. now i'm sure there are a lot of learned people out there who would like to explain thses things to me... but really ..i'm not interested, thanks. Each to their own etc.

100% bet for a red hot topic me thinks ! [:)]

Jen

Made in Yorkshire
My late dad used to say "When your dead, your dead, and thats that" [:)] None of this religion mularkey for him, think I agree with him [:p]

missabite

Can't wait for the little green man to come from another planet and say he made earth.

All hail the green un [:D]

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
I'm with Jen & her late dad on this too.

But for most people (and I include myself in this) it is a very hard thing
to accept; You live, You die, and......and nothing. That's it. End of.

That, (IMHO) is why religions came about in the first place: Humanity's inability
(or unwillingness) to accept this rather ignoble probability.

As an aside, what if you died and went to Heaven and asked God what it was all about;
Why did he create Man and Why did he create the Universe etc.

What if he replied...... "Oh, No reason really!" [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
You reckon that he would say "Just for the crack" Musky ???
[:D][:D] I could go along with that mate.
That is assuming we dont go down though. If you believe in the theory of positive and negative then theres got to be the firey furnace as well.
Theres a few off here going there mate I can tell you.
Personally Im going up. I would make a very good cherub cos I have the bottom for it [:D][;)]

I laff in zee face of danger Tiger [:D]

Last edited:

thespanner

Put life in your days not days in your life, because this is it one time only, long or short and when it's done it's done. No up, no down and no coming back.

Imho of course[:D]

KenM

I'm definately not a god worshipping type, never been to church in my life, I definately don't believe in a higher purpose, reincarnation or anything similar, But going onto Muskies point, I really struggle with the "......and nothing" bit. It's not something that I can easily imagine or get my head around in the slighest, but on the other hand I don't believe in any specific "something".

Hmmmmm there is a gap here in my logic......I guess I'd better invite them JW's in next time and make them a nice cup of tea

nomorelongwalks

Mark Spitz
Site Supporter
I thought the meek were supposed to inherit the earth[?]

Thats if the scientologists dont beat them to it.

Rich Rev

Yorkshire's finest
whilst all you bods are debating leaving this mortal coil, may I be the first to request any fishing tackle left behind is bequethed to me[:D]

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
Originally posted by Rich Rev

whilst all you bods are debating leaving this mortal coil, may I be the first to request any fishing tackle left behind is bequethed to me[:D]

I'm taking mine with me! - then I'll get Him to do that loaves and
fishes trick (minus the loaves) and bag up good an proper eternally!

[:D][:D][:D]

Zebedee

I used to be an atheist..

but I had to give it up...I wasn't getting any holidays.

Enigma

Armchair Carper
I have a simple way of removing the JW mob from the door. I tell them they have only just caught me in time as I'm off out to give blood and get some early christmas shopping done.

If that fails I open the door in a loin cloth with blue paint on my face stating I'll be with them in half an hour once I've "had" the virgin and slaughtered the goat....

mangrojack

if there is a god will somebody tell him to let newcastle win a cup in my lifetime please lol

groundhog

Life Survivor
Reckon my old Dad was right[:)]
He always said "god help them that help themselves,AN God help them that don't".
Just in case you are wondering, I am VERY Religious, I go Fishing RELIGIOUSLY every opportunity I get.
[:p][;)][}:)][}:)][:D][:D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.